6th Grade ELA/Social Studies Teacher
If interested apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/newtonk12/onlineapp/
Santa Fe 5/6 Center is a Gemini I Redesign School
“Our community will inspire each other to build knowledge, skills and values to thrive in a world we create.”
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Licensed in the State of Kansas
2. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board of education may find appropriate and acceptable REPORTS TO: BUILDING ADMINISTRATOR
JOB GOAL: To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and establishes clear outcomes for all lessons, units, projects, etc., to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and outcomes.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year to be established by the board of education.EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the board’s policy on evaluation of professional personnel.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Ability to meet and instruct assigned classes in the designated locations
- Ability to create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students
- Ability to assess the accomplishments of students and provide progress reports as required
- Ability to govern student conduct and maintain order in the classroom in a fair manner
Newton USD 373
Newton USD 373 Newton USD 373 Job Start Date:
August-1-2018Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Shannon Tiemeyer - email@example.com - 316-284-6205
Newton USD 373 www.usd373.org
The Newton Public Schools offer a wide array of programs in a hometown environment that is often not found in large metropolitan areas. USD 373 serves approximately 3,769 students including Newton, North Newton, Walton and surrounding rural areas. The teacher/pupil ratio is 1/10. Salary for first year teachers is $33,747. The mission of USD 373 is to prepare its students to be capable, contributing participants in a changing world. In addition to regular classes, Newton students have access to vocational and technical programs that are ranked among the top in the state. Schools in the district include:
1 - Early Childhood
5 - Elementary
1- 5th/6th Center
1 - Middle School
1 - High School
Professional development for teachers and staff is a high priority for the district with 100% of teachers designated "highly qualified" as defined by the Kansas Department of Education.
308 E 1st Street
Newton, Kansas Go Back