Interrelated Special Education Elementary Teacher
All interested applicants must apply online at: https://www.applitrack.com/newtonk12/onlineapp/
- Licensed in the State of Kansas
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board of education may find appropriate and acceptable
REPORTS TO: Director, Harvey County Special Education Cooperative; Building Administrator
JOB GOAL: To provide each identified student with the individually tailored help, counsel, and learning experiences he/she needs to make progress toward established educational goals.
- Collaborates with all staff to develop and implement individual educational programs for students with disabilities.
- Determines specific learning problems, skill deficiencies, or social adjustment difficulties of students and initiates remediation programs in these areas.
- Develops and maintains individual education plans in accordance with Kansas regulations and district policies.
- Evaluates each student in terms of initial needs and progress toward goals.
- Prepares progress reports and year-end evaluations, administering pre-tests and post-tests as appropriate and necessary.
- Provides a wide range of teaching materials and equipment.
- Counsels students in identifying and addressing their academic and social problems.
- Establishes and maintains standards of individual student behavior.
- Works closely with other teachers to help the students maintain satisfactory classwork, homework, and behavior.
- Helps parents and other teachers to understand the specific problems of educationally handicapped students and the goals and operation of the program, apprising them of problems and progress.
- Participates in case conferences about information on student’s abilities and needs.
- Performs basic attendance accounting and similar record-keeping functions pertinent to the educationally handicapped program.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in the field by reading journals and publications, attending professional society meetings, seminars, and conferences.
- Develops transition plans for students age 14 and older, providing appropriate transition experiences.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Newton USD 373
Newton USD 373
Newton USD 373 Newton USD 373 Job Start Date:
August-1-2018Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Reagan Seidl - reagan.seid.@usd373.org - 316-284-6200
Newton USD 373 www.usd373.org
The Newton Public Schools offer a wide array of programs in a hometown environment that is often not found in large metropolitan areas. USD 373 serves approximately 3,769 students including Newton, North Newton, Walton and surrounding rural areas. The teacher/pupil ratio is 1/10. Salary for first year teachers is $33,747. The mission of USD 373 is to prepare its students to be capable, contributing participants in a changing world. In addition to regular classes, Newton students have access to vocational and technical programs that are ranked among the top in the state. Schools in the district include:
1 - Early Childhood
5 - Elementary
1- 5th/6th Center
1 - Middle School
1 - High School
Professional development for teachers and staff is a high priority for the district with 100% of teachers designated "highly qualified" as defined by the Kansas Department of Education.
308 E 1st Street
Newton, Kansas Go Back