JOB TITLE: Kansas MTSS State Trainer with Math Emphasis
DEPARTMENT: Multi-Tier System of Supports (MTSS)
LOCATION: Keystone Learning Services
REPORTS TO: MTSS Core Team Director
To develop and maintain a sound working relationship with KSDE’s Special Education Services Team through the promotion and execution of the Technical Assistance Support Network (TASN) MTSS Project and other designated special projects. In particular, this position is to develop supports to increase statewide capacity of education systems to provide effective supports within a Multi-Tier System of Support (MTSS). This position will require close work with KSDE to determine the impact of MTSS policy and guidance.
· Participate in activities to support and move forward KSDE’s vision of MTSS
· Coordinate efforts for integration of special education into the school-wide academic supports within MTSS
· Create additional supports to build the capacity of district/school leaders and staff to implement MTSS
· Collaborate with other TASN projects to promote an aligned system of supports
· Assist in the development of statewide outcome improvement workshops
· Build and strengthen the capacity for math instruction and supports within the MTSS
· Participate in development and support of educational projects identified by KSDE at request of Special Education Services Team
· Pursue professional development that supports the goals of the MTSS at the state and national levels
· Present at state and national conventions
· Carry out other duties as assigned
· Kansas State Department of Education, Special Educational Services Team
· MTSS Staff
· District and Building Level Administrators
· TASN Staff
· Direct experience at the building and/or district level implementing a multi-tier system of supports and response to intervention principles and practices
· Strong working knowledge of systems change, results based staff development, math curriculum development, adult learning theory, group facilitation, basic evaluation techniques and problem solving
· Strong working knowledge of data-based decision making
· Masters degree in math education or compatible field preferred
· Current Kansas teaching license preferred
· Actively involved in development of own professional learning
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
· Regular and extensive traveling (approximately 70%) across the entire state of Kansas
· Approximately 25% overnight travel
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Ability to communicate technical information
· Ability to lift up to 70 pounds
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
12-month contract to be completed between July 1st and June 30th. Salary will be based upon education and experience.
Job performance will be reviewed by the MTSS Core Team Director with input from Keystone Learning Services Executive Director.
Keystone Learning Services will be accepting applications until position is filled. Keystone Learning Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keystone Learning Services / Northeast Kansas Education Service Center USD 608Keystone Learning Services / Northeast Kansas Education Service Center USD 608
Keystone Learning Services is recognized as a leader in educational initiatives in Kansas. This is due in large part to the outstanding people we employ. Our staff is comprised of people who want to help students achieve their dreams, work in a positive environment and appreciate the lifestyle possible in Northeast Kansas. We strive to employ highly qualified and dedicated staff and we support them in their efforts. Staff report that through the support provided through the mentor program and administration contact they see individual growth personally and professionally.
The mission of Keystone Special Education Interlocal is to provide high quality services to students, families and school districts. We have been recognized as one of the leaders in the state in the areas of Response to Intervention (RtI/MTSS), early childhood special education, and non-categorical service delivery.
Keystone Learning Services provides special education support to eight school districts: Atchison County Community Schools USD 377, Jefferson County North USD 339, Jefferson West USD 340, McLouth USD 342, Oskaloosa USD 341, Perry-Lecompton USD 343, Valley Falls USD 338 and Easton USD 449. Special education teachers, related service providers, and paraeducators are hired through Keystone. Keystone also hires special education administrators to assist schools with planning, training, and supervision of special education staff, support staff, encourage collaboration between sped and legal issues, required documentation and reporting, and allocating resources for special education. Our school districts boundaries cross into Douglas, Jackson, Jefferson and Atchison Counties, (most are located around Lake Perry).
In addition to special education services, Keystone also provides other programs and services such as: Tiny K programs in 7 counties, cooperative purchasing, internet and technology services, comprehensive staff development, Parents as Teachers in 21 school districts, WebKIDSS IEP Consortium, John Dewey Learning Academy, manage KSDE TASN grants, Autism, and Statewide MTSS.
Whatever you are looking for, you can probably find it in Northeast Kansas. We have found the area a great place to start and raise families, sit back and relax watching the sunset. Great schools, good students and unmatched community support for education makes Keystone Learning Services and Northeast Kansas a great choice!