Paraeducator for School Psychologist - Sumner Co. Ed. Services
Purpose and Objectives of the Position
To assist School Psychologists in record keeping and compilation of information for the efficient completion of reports.
Essential Job Functions
- Keeps a current record of weekly evaluation status reports and attends weekly psychologists meetings.
- Carries out the responsibilities of the position as directed by the school psychologists.
- Responsible for classroom observations and write-ups as requested by school psychologists.
- Filing, copying, typing, and miscellaneous duties as requested.
- Scoring test results as requested by school psychologists.
- Assists in the gathering information necessary for reports.
- Administers assessments as trained by school psychologist.
- Maintains Interlocal’s safety standards.
- Travels from the Interlocal to the school districts as requested.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Other Duties (Non-Essential)
- Assists with reports and files as requested.
- Maintain records as required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Prefered Bachelor`s Degree in Education or Psychology.
- Attends inservices as requested by Interlocal, completing 20 hours of training/informational sessions as set forth by the Kansas State Department of Education.
- Demonstrates mobility, agility, and dexterity in moving from place to place and working with students in various circumstances inside and outside. Demonstrate the ability to focus on students and student activities more than 75% of the time. Has the dexterity to manually move, lift, pull or push objects of not more than 25 pounds.
- Works to accomplish the goals and policies of the school district.
- Follows building policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of job and related services.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must perform essential functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must support safety requirements.
- Takes questions or concerns about assignment through appropriate chain of command for answers.
- Completes job accurately and in a timely manner.
- Displays dependability and punctuality in attendance.
Sumner County Educational Services Interlocal USD 619
$350 board contribution toward health insurance
Staff Development Funds
**Contingent on negotiations each year. 0 years experience with Bachelor`s Degree in Psychology or Education will start off earning $10.91 per hour. (35 Hours per week)
More experience or higher education will increase pay rate per hour. Job Start Date:
August-1-2018Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Jon Mages - firstname.lastname@example.org - 620-326-8935
Sumner County Educational Services Interlocal USD 619 www.d619.org
Sumner County Educational Services is a small interlocal that provides special education and related services to five rural school districts in Sumner County. Districts served are USD 359, Argonia; USD 357, Belle Plaine; USD 360 Caldwell; USD 358, Oxford; and USD 509 South Haven. Services provided include those to students identified as disabled and/or gifted/talented.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
221 W. 15th
Wellington, Kansas Go Back