700 N. Main - Burden, KS 67019
- Central USD 462 is organized around a 4-day school week in session from Monday through Thursday. Administrataive duties include working at events and activities on Friday`s and Saturday`s. We serve a small, rural area of approximately 360 sq. miles including the communities of Atlanta, Burden, Cambridge in Cowley County and the town of Grenola in Elk County. The Central Board of Education is committed to maintaining excellence in all aspects of our school system. Our mission statement reflects the efforts of patrons from the four communities working for what is best for our children: TEAM - Together Every student Achieves More.
- We have one elementary building, built in 1999; and one Jr./Sr. High building, built in 1972.
- Our elementary and Jr./Sr. high schools have achieved Standard of Excellence on State Assessments.
- Our Jr./Sr. High offers Dual Credit College courses; Kansas Regents` Honors Scholar Curriculum; Four Career & Tech Ed. Programs, which includes Industrial Arts, VoAg, FACS & Business Tech; award-winning and nationally performing 7-12 band and choir; and much more!
- We recently completed a new sports complex and outdoor restroom/concession building .(track/football/baseball/softball fields)
- Check us out on the web!
District Jobs Go Back