TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ESSENTIAL:
• Responsible for overseeing the educational aspects of the classroom, including staff and volunteers.
• Promote the Head Start philosophy and educational objectives.
• Maintain an appropriate classroom environment needed to support the goals of the education component.
• Maintain a safe, orderly and clean learning environment.
• Provide supervision of children.
• Communicate with children at their developmental level.
• Participate in activities with the children.
• Assess children’s needs and developmental progress on an ongoing basis.
• Develop and implement weekly lesson plans.
• Promote and participate with healthy eating at meal times.
• Ensure two home visits and two parent teacher conferences are conducted by teaching staff each program year for each child.
• Supervise teacher aides in the classroom.
• Orchestrate and manage developmentally appropriate environment for pre-school age children.
• Attend staff meetings, workshops, and in-service training provided by the agency.
• Support the ECKAN code of ethical conduct.
• Maintain confidentiality of all agency information.
• Maintain accurate and up to date records per policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s degree (or higher) in Early Childhood Development.
• Be able to pass required KBI, background and health tests.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to participate in daily kneeling, stooping, bending and sitting on the floor, and occasionally lifting up to 40 pounds.
• Possess a valid driver’s license and comply with ECKAN insurance standards, as applicable.
• General office and computer skills.
ECKAN Head Start covers the following counties: Anderson, Coffey, Douglas, Franklin, Lyon, Osage and Miami counties in Northeast Kansas. Go to www.eckan.org for other job openings and job descriptions or to apply for a position.
contact: 785-242-7450, ext. 7209 or email email@example.com