Special Education Teacher - Wolf Creek Elementary School
The Special Education Instructor at Wolf Creek Elementary School in the Spring Hill School District will create a positive learning environment to facilitate the personal, social, and intellectual development of students. In order to respond to the individual needs and abilities of students, the Special Education Instructor must work closely with the staff and administration of the school district.
- Assist in the early recognition and prevention of educational problems.
- Participate as a team member in the comprehensive evaluation, review, and re-evaluation process.
- Participate in the development of student IEP`s.
- Plan and implement effective lessons based on student IEP`s, using time, materials and resources effectively.
- Adhere to required program guidelines as defined by the Kansas Plan for Special Education.
- Monitor student progress and make informed, timely educational decisions.
- Monitor student progress in general education classrooms through direct consultation with classroom teachers.
- Motivate students through effective communication and evaluative feedback.
- Display a thorough knowledge of curriculum and behavior management strategies.
- Demonstrate awareness of the needs of students and provide for individual differences.
- Set high expectations for student achievement and behavior.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships with others.
- Establish and maintain a positive climate for learning through appropriate classroom management.
- Maintain current curriculum and instructional practices.
- Consult with parents, teachers, administrators, and others concerning the needs of students and special services that are available.
- Assist teachers in the development and implementation of curriculum modifications and appropriate classroom strategies.
- Assist students in developing feelings of self-worth and in making social adjustments, which permit them to cope with disabilities.
- Order and maintain an adequate inventory of materials and supplies.
- Maintain appropriate, confidential records and provide timely reports.
- Participate in inservice training activities activities, organizations, and seminars which enhance professional growth.
- Train and supervise paraprofessionals as assigned.
- See that school district policies are observed during all activities.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Special Services.
The complete Job Description is at the following link: https://www.applitrack.com/usd230/onlineapp/1BrowseFile.aspx?id=39567
To learn more about the Spring Hill School District Employment, please go to the following link: https://www.usd230.org/employment/future_employees or to learn more about our school district at https://www.usd230.org/home
Spring Hill USD 230 Spring Hill USD 230
We offer extremely competitive benefits that include a single medical plan and a single dental plan paid for by the district and much more. Our 2018/2019 salary schedule can be found at: https://www.usd230.org/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=16693959 Job Start Date:
February-11-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Brook Allred - firstname.lastname@example.org - 913 592-7245
Spring Hill USD 230 www.usd230.org
Welcome to the Spring Hill School District! With more than 3,000 students in seven schools, our district has a reputation for providing excellent educational opportunities to its students. In addition, students may participate in a wide range of extracurricular activities and community service projects. With support from parents and the community, work continues each day by dedicated staff members to prepare today’s students for tomorrow’s opportunities. From our start in the late 1800s, the Spring Hill School District has grown to encompass 71 square miles of land, including three municipalities and parts of two counties. Currently, the district has four elementary schools, one middle school and two high schools, including a traditional four-year high school and an online school that offers educational opportunities to students across the state of Kansas. Our second middle school will open its doors in the fall of 2019.
As the district moves forward, our schools and communities will continue to share a proud heritage as well as a progressive attitude toward education for all children. Employer Address:
101 East South Street Spring Hill, Kansas