POSITION TITLE: Substitute Teacher
USD 377 Sub Pay: $100/day
QUALIFICATIONS: Kansas Teacher Certificate or a Bachelor`s degree from a regionally accredited college or university is preferred. A minimum of sixty semester hours of college credit from a regionally accredited college or university is required. Prior experience working with school age children would be helpful. Approved KSDE Substitute Certificate. Desire to continue career improvement by enhancing skills and job performance.
REPORTS TO: Building Administrator
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: As needed during the regular school term as defined in the official school calendar.
JOB GOAL: To enable each child to pursue his or her education as smoothly and completely as possible in the absence of the regular teacher.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Reports to the school office upon arrival and performs all check-in procedures as required.
2. Reviews with a building principal- department head- team leader- grade level teachers- etc. all plans and schedules to be followed during the teaching day.
3. Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned.
4. Teaches the lesson as prepared by the absent teacher.
5. Consults with a building administrator- department head- team leader- grade level teachers- etc. before initiating any teaching or other procedure not specified.
6. Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class and all other areas of the building and grounds as necessary.
7. Reports in writing on the day`s activities at the conclusion of the teaching day.
8. Follows all district and school policies- rules- and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates.
9. Performs all duties assigned to the absent teacher unless excused by a building administrator.
10. Possesses the mental and physical attributes required to perform all essential functions.
11. Demonstrate professionalism and appropriate judgment in behavior- speech- dress- and appropriate professional manner for the work setting.
12. No personal cell phone use during class.
13. Adheres to good safety practices.
14. Adheres to all district rules- regulations- and policies.
15. Other duties as required or assigned.
16. Ability to work to implement the vision and mission of the district.
An individual who holds this position must have the ability to speak and hear in an environment where numerous conversations and activities may be taking place simultaneously. They must be able to move around the classroom and read handwritten or printed materials.
CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
The individual who holds this position will regularly work in a school environment that is noisy and active. Occasionally the individual will be required to work outdoors for short periods of time to perform such tasks as loading or unloading students from district transportation and supervising recess or other activities.
Atchison County Community Schools is located in northeast Kansas. The District includes the rural areas of Atchison County. It is comprised of an Elementary School and a Junior-Senior High School. The district is a 2A school located in Effingham, Kansas has a average enrollment of 500 students.
Apply online here: