POSITION SUMMARY: Work under the director of the Home Based Coordinator to provide home base services to participating families. Collaborate with Coordinators to insure an integrated balance of Head Start services as per the program work plans to meet Head Start Performance Standards. Additionally, must have knowledge of and support the Agency’s mission, vision and code of ethics and strategic plan for helping people, changing lives. No overtime may be worked without prior authorization. Overtime must be approved in advance by the Head Start Director. Must comply with drug and alcohol free workplace policy. Position contingent upon continued program funding. Hiring subject to Policy Council approval. Head Start parents will be given preference.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ESSENTIAL:
· Conduct monthly 90 minute home visits with the children and families.
· Work with and support parents as the primary educators of their children.
· Educate parents regarding children’s medical, mental, dental, and nutritional health needs.
· Provide parents education regarding the development needs of their children.
· Screen and assess children’s development on an ongoing basis.
· Support families in creating individualized child and family development goals.
· Promote parental involvement in curriculum planning, program governance, and Head Start activities.
· Provide support, crises intervention, and referrals to local resources for family needs.
· Maintain appropriate documentation of home visits and other relevant activities.
· Support family’s transportation to Head Start activities and community resources as needed.
· Establish and provide outreach with community partners.
· Attend staff meetings, workshops, and in-service training provided by the agency.
· Support the ECKAN code of ethical conduct.
· Maintain confidentiality of all agency information.
· Maintain accurate and up to date records per policies and procedures.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· An Associate’s Degree (or higher) in Early Childhood Education, social work, psychology or other closely related field is preferred.
· Knowledge of Head Start Performance Standards, federal, state, and local regulations, preferred.
· Be able to pass required KBI, background and health tests.
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· Bi-Lingual desired.
· Must be able to participate in daily kneeling, stooping, bending and sitting on the floor, and occasionally lifting up to 40 pounds.
ECKAN Head Start covers the following counties: Anderson, Coffey, Douglas, Franklin, Lyon, Osage and Miami counties in Northeast Kansas. Go to www.eckan.org for other job openings and job descriptions or to apply for a position.
contact: 785-242-7450, ext. 7209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org