District Technology Support Specialist
Basehor-Linwood USD 458 is currently seeking a Technology Support Specialist for the for 2019-2020 school year. This is a 12-month position working under the supervision of the Director of Technology for the district.
- Install, maintain, and support a variety of Apple devices and PC computers.
- Install, maintain, and support printers and other peripheral computer equipment including white boards, projectors, and mobile devices.
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic files and/or records (e.g. permission levels, network identification, security access, licenses, work logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing reference and audit trails.
- Provide technical support for district servers, classroom computers and iPads, library, and administrative computer systems
- Participates in meetings, workshops and/or trainings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Performs initial workstation computer, peripheral and server set-ups (e.g. installation, testing, configuring, assigning passwords, security clearances, imaging, etc.) for the purpose of meeting the computer processing needs of the users.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. procedures, documentation, reports, memos, letters, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Provides training and in-service in general computer use, software applications, and file server operations for the purpose of ensuring the efficient use of computers and/or software application.
- Researches software applications for the purpose of recommending standardized applications in accordance with the district`s technology goals.
- Responds to requests for help, repairs, training, and/or upgrades, etc. by telephone or email for the purpose of providing information, scheduling appointments and/or referring to alternate resources.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of district personnel for the purpose of providing support, technical advice and operational assistance.
- Trains and assists personnel in the proper use of district technology resources for the purpose of ensuring their ability to use new and/or existing processes.
- Troubleshoots user issues with computer workstations and servers (e.g. questions about application software, connectivity issues, peripheral malfunctions, etc.) for the purpose of providing immediate assistance to users for problem resolution.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Technology and/or Superintendent
Functional / Technical Skills
- Understands the technical aspects of the job and keeps up-to-date on key technical or functional aspects of the job.
- Applies appropriate technical/functional knowledge to address situations in a timely manner.
- Thinks of ways to apply new developments to improve organizational performance.
- Shares expertise and skills with others when appropriate
- Picks up and integrates technical skills quickly.
- Recognizes trends and effectively prepares for changes.
- Seeks out opportunities to advance one`s learning in relevant technical disciplines.
- Focuses his/her efforts on the most important priorities.
- Uses time effectively and efficiently.
- Handles multiple-tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Values other people`s time.
- Relates well with others
- Builds constructive and effective relationships.
- Considers and responds appropriately to the needs and feelings of different situations.
- Is tactful, diplomatic and demonstrates consistency and fairness.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Use of operating systems and software applications.
- MacOS and iOS experience preferred
- Customer service techniques and principles.
- Skills in communication and customer service.
- User training, installing, re-installing and upgrading mainstream operating systems, software applications and computer equipment, including peripherals.
- Act as a resource to entry-level staff.
- Install, re-install and upgrade mainstream operating systems, software applications and computer equipment, including peripherals.
Basehor-Linwood USD 458
For more information about the Basehor-Linwood USD 458 School District and employee benefits, please visit our website at www.usd458.org.
$18 - $20 per hour Job Start Date:
October-2-2020Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Basehor-Linwood USD 458 www.usd458.org
Basehor-Linwood Unified School District 458 serves students and families in a 90 square mile area of southern Leavenworth County, Kansas. K-12 students attend one of six district attendance centers. K-5 buildings are located in Linwood, Basehor and the Glenwood Ridge subdivision. Students in grades 6, 7 and 8 attend Basehor-Linwood Middle School in Basehor, near the center of the district. Basehor-Linwood High School, located in Basehor, is a 4A school, serving students in grades 9 through 12.
BLHS was named a 2012 National Blue Ribbon School. In addition, the district operates Basehor-Linwood Virtual School, an internet-based school serving approximately 250 K-12 students statewide.
Special Education services are provided by the Tonganoxie/Basehor-Linwood Special Education Cooperative located in Basehor.
USD 458 is part of a vibrant, growing suburban area with expanding student population and tax base. The mission of USD 458 is to serve all students developing and reaching their potential.
View current certified openings now!
2008 N. 155th Street Basehor, Kansas