Speech Language Pathologist - Birth to 2 years
The birth-2 speech language pathologist in the Reno County Infant-Toddler Program serves eligible infants and toddlers and their families in home and community-based settings throughout Reno County. The SLP has a flexible schedule that can reflect family needs and availability 12 months a year. The SLP engages in evaluation, program planning, caregiver coaching, and team collaboration in order to work toward family-identified outcomes for each child.
The SLP will adhere to the Mission and Key Principles of Part C services. (see http://www.nectac.org/~pdfs/topics/families/Finalmissionandprinciples3_11_08.pdf)
The Reno County Infant-Toddler Program is a local tiny-K network for the State of Kansas serving children throughout Reno County including the school districts of Hutchinson, Nickerson/South Hutchinson, Fairfield, Pretty Prairie, Haven and Buhler. The Reno County Infant-Toddler Program is part of the Early Education Center, Inc. a non-profit agency supported by a partnership of Reno County Education Cooperative #610 and Hutchinson Public Schools USD #308.
Candidates for this position must have appropriate Kansas licensure in Speech-Language Pathology.
Hours: Full time- flexible scheduling
PRIMARY TASKS & DUTIES
- Work as a transdisciplinary team member to collaboratively serve eligible infants and toddlers
- Participate in team evaluations to determine the eligibility of children referred to the program
- Participate in team assessment to determine the functional developmental strengths/challenges of children eligible for services
- Work together with families and other team members to develop appropriate Individualized Family Service Plans (IFSPs) based upon family-identified priorities
- Deliver ongoing home and community based intervention based upon the IFSP utilizing a coaching model of caregiver support
- Provide and seek coaching and consultation to team members in the service of all children in the program
- Complete appropriate documentation for accountability, including billing, and communication with other providers
- Provide Family Service Coordination including management of the intervention process as well as referral to and collaboration with other community resources for assigned families
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ KEY COMPETENCIES
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through written and spoken language
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members of other disciplines (e.g. SLP, ECSE, OT, PT, SW, Nurse, Interpreter)
- Ability to work in partnership with parents/family members
- Ability to apply new skills/information to existing practices
- Ability to manage time efficiently to encompass activities in and out of the office
- Ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to work 12 months a year
- Ability to have a flexible schedule including days and some evenings
- Ability to work in a variety of home and community settings including the ability to ascend/descend stairs
- Ability to work comfortably in a variety of positions including seated on the floor
- Ability to carry or pull materials/equipment up to 20 lbs. a distance of up to 100 yds.
REPORTS TO: Infant Toddler Coordinator
Complete the online application here on the kansasteachingjobs website and submit to us.
The following documents are also needed for your application to be considered complete and eligible to advance through the screening/interview/hiring process.
- Letter of Interest
- Copy of current resume, complete with the names and current contact information of at least three references
- Copy of all university transcripts
- Copy of current license/certification or verification that Kansas licensure is in process
If you are unable to attach these items, you may email them to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax them to 620-663-1275 or mail them to Director of Special Education, Reno County Education Cooperative, 2500 E 30th Ave, Hutchinson, KS 67502. Please call Lena at 620-663-7178 should you have additional questions about the application process.Reno County Education Cooperative USD 610
Single health benefit paid by the district.
Professional development opportunities.
Tuition reimbursement program for qualified applicants.
KPERS retirement benefit.
Section 125 plan which includes optional insurances and flexible spending.
Placement on the salary schedule based on education and years of experience. Job Start Date:
August-1-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Lena Kisner - email@example.com - 620-663-7178
Reno County Education Cooperative USD 610 www.rcec610.com
Reno County Education Cooperative (RCEC) is a progressive, team oriented interlocal providing special education services to students in the school districts of Buhler, Nickerson-South Hutchinson, Haven, Fairfield and Pretty Prairie. The RCEC office is located in Hutchinson, Kansas which is in the south-central part of the state. RCEC serves students from birth to 21 by providing both direct and indirect educational services. RCEC offers a continuum of educational services and partners with other school districts for early childhood programming and alternative education. RCEC employs over 250 licensed staff and paraeducators. RCEC offers competitive salaries and health benefits, tuition reimbursement for qualified applicants, and district-sponsored professional development.Employer Address:
2500 East 30th Avenue Hutchinson, Kansas