BUSINESS & INDUSTRY HEALTH CARE INSTRUCTOR (FAC3144)
Essential Functions –
- Classroom and clinical teaching to prepare students to become certified nurse assistants (CNAs), certified medication aides, (CMAs) as required, and home health aides (HHAs) – optional – as determined by the coordinator.
- Assist the coordinator with the development of curriculum(s) via alternative delivery methods assigned, such as: online or ITV.
- Teach credit and non-credit Health Care Training classes.
- Prepare lesson plans for standard and customized training courses.
- Prepare and revise course syllabi and instructional materials.
- Comply with policies and procedures set forth by HutchCC.
- The willingness to teach within a flexible schedule.
- Attend required program and pertinent activities of administration, the advisory committee and the community college.
- Collaborate with clinical agencies in arranging and implementing assigned clinical experiences.
- Manage and report student grades and attendance records per college policy.
- Maintain professionalism while working effectively within a team environment.
- Pursue professional development through classes, workshops and seminars.
- Work with area businesses in identifying training needs and develop specific training to meet the identified needs.
- Provide contracted in-services to area nursing homes.
- Participate in the recruitment of students.
- Teach Allied Health Care college credit classes at unified school districts sites.
- Serve actively on campus committees.
- Arrive timely for work, attend work regularly, and successfully perform the responsibilities of the position.
- Comply with HCC policies, procedures, and practices.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Health Care Training Program Coordinator, the Allied Health Department Chairperson, and/or the appropriate Vice-President.
Hutchinson Community College
- Licensed to practice professional nursing in Kansas.
- A minimum of three (3) years of clinical or related experience and direct patient care in a long term care facility and/or other clinical environment.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience developing and implementing educational classes preferred.
- Record keeping experience preferred.
- The ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with many people.
- Valid Kansas Driver’s License.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 50 pounds; walking, bending, stooping, carrying; excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills; the ability to understand words and respond effectively and appropriately; visual acuity to view a computer terminal; use appropriate judgment and to apply tact and courtesy in difficult situations; Medium to heavy/indoor work environment.
- Mental requirements include the ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions about the position.
- Physical and mental qualifications must be performed with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- The qualifications listed are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties.
The salary is determined per the 2019-2020 Hiring Salary Schedule in the local HutchCC Master Agreement. This full-time faculty position is nine months annual (based on contract renewal), due process rights eligible, benefit eligible, and exempt. For a copy of the hiring schedule for this position, please see the attached schedule, or you may visit the following address: http://www.hutchcc.edu/hiring-schedule Job Start Date:
November-1-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Marcia Fletcher - firstname.lastname@example.org - 620-665-3495
Hutchinson Community College www.hutchcc.edu
1300 N Plum Hutchinson, Kansas