USD 320- Wamego Public Schools Technology Department- is accepting applications for a Network Administrator. Please see the complete job description below. To apply for this position- please complete an online application- located at https://wamego.tedk12.com/hire
Salary will be ultimately dependent upon experience and education. The expected salary range for this position is between $47-000-$52-000.
Please contact Kati Wolfgang at email@example.com or 785-456-7643 if you have any questions about this position.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Reports To: Director of Technology
Job Classification: Classified- Non-Exempt- 12 month position
- Administer and maintain the Windows-based network- including file and print services- Google email system- DNS- DHCP and other network services. Configures- installs- and maintains local area network hardware- software- and data communications equipment such as firewalls- routers- managed switches- host and virtual servers- personal computers- system software- software applications- printers- servers- routers- bridges- switches- modems- cabling- etc.
- Troubleshoot and resolve server hardware/software problems- including Operating System configurations
- Identify and resolve issues with LAN/WAN server communications/connections
- Responsible for performing network and Veeam backups of all servers on the network.
- Tests and installs software upgrades.
- Perform server upgrades- migrations- and critical security updates/patches to all servers and devices
- Ensure successful backups of critical systems
- Perform Active Directory account management and on-boarding/off-boarding functions (Users- Groups- etc.)
- Prepares written materials (e.g. procedures- system level documentation- and reports) for the purpose of documenting activities- providing written reference- and/or conveying information.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions of network hardware and/or software applications within the District`s local and wide area networks- telephones- and security systems for the purpose of resolving operational issues and restoring services.
- Researches and evaluates new technologies that may emerge. Performs other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects- tasks and deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency in virtualized server environments- such as VMWare
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP networking and security principles
- Expert knowledge of Windows server/networking environment
- Expert knowledge of principles and best practices in information security
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Windows- Word- Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with macOS- iOS- and JAMF is a plus
- Minimum two years practical experience in Information Technology preferred
- Associate degree in Computer Science or IT Management- or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certifications from Microsoft- CompTIA- Cisco- or Network+ preferred but not required
- A desire to constantly learn and a drive to exceed others expectations.
- A passion for helping end users succeed
REASONING ABILITY: ABILITY is required to schedule a significant number of activities- meetings- and/or events; routinely gather- collate- and/or classify data; and use job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; analyze data utilizing a variety of complex processes; and operate equipment using a variety of standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with data of widely varied types and/or purposes; and utilize a variety of job-related equipment. Independent problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Able to perform multiple- technical tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: planning and managing projects; preparing and maintaining accurate records including developing and maintaining time estimates and schedules; reading entity-relationship diagrams; supervising staff and project groups; and using pertinent software applications. Specific Knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: current generation and legacy application programming languages; system design; process and data modeling techniques; database theory; technologies and tools- benefits and limitations of technology; and project management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job- the employee is regularly required to sit- walk- stand and talk or hear. The usual and customary methods of performing the jobs functions require the following physical demands: some lifting- carrying- pushing- and/or pulling some climbing and balancing some stooping- kneeling- crouching- and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally- the job requires 60% sitting- 20% walking- and 20% standing.
The job is performed in a generally hazard free environment.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Participates in meetings- workshops and/or trainings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources (e.g. staff- administrators- school site personnel- outside vendors and service providers- etc.) for the purpose of providing technical assistance- advice and support.
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Wamego USD 320 www.usd320.com
Wamego USD 320
is a progressive school district committed to working cooperatively with families and community to educate students to be responsible, problem-solving citizens who produce quality work in their individual pursuit of excellence. We accomplish this by offering relevant, academically challenging and diverse learning experiences.
The Wamego school district serves the needs of approximately 1,370 students in two elementary schools, one middle school and one high school. USD 320 is the sponsoring district for the Wamego Special Services Cooperative, which serves the needs of our students as well as those in two neighboring school districts.
Our students receive a quality education documented by their outstanding assessment scores. For five consecutive years all buildings have met AYP requirements, and our high school students scored above the state’s average composite ACT score. In addition, our students consistently earn State Standard of Excellence Awards in reading, math, and writing at all grade levels.
Our teachers enjoy many benefits including an attractive salary schedule, a number of fringe benefits, generous sick leave (including a sick leave pool), small class sizes, a teacher mentoring program, and an excellent professional development program. Special incentives for teachers interested in earning their National Board certification are detailed in the district’s negotiated agreement and include a $2,000 annual bonus upon successful completion of the program.
The Wamego Teachers Association actively works with the USD 320 Board of Education to help create working conditions that benefit our students, teachers, and the school district in general. A strong, positive relationship has been developed through years of honest and empathetic dialogue used in the Interest Based Bargaining process.
Located at the intersection of Kansas Highway 99 and US Highway 24, just 13 miles east of Manhattan and 40 miles west of Topeka, Wamego offers friendly small town living with quick access to city convenience. Wamego has a vibrant business community, both downtown and along the Highway 24 corridor, that serves the many local needs of the community’s citizens. A multitude of recreational options are available in Wamego, including a beautiful 18-hole golf course; Wamego City Park which includes a swimming pool, playground, fishing pond and public tennis, basketball and pickleball courts; and a brand new recreation complex which includes four baseball/softball diamonds, two soccer fields, six tennis courts, a walking trail, and an active recreation program for youth and adults. Nearby federal reservoirs and state lakes offer excellent opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts, as well.
For those with fervor for learning, the Wamego Public library offers a multitude of volumes and periodicals, in addition to audio books, videos, microfilm and Internet access. Adult education classes are offered in Wamego through Highland Community College, and nearby at Kansas State, Washburn, and Emporia State Universities. Wamego is immersed in history with sites including Kansas’ only authentic stone Dutch Mill, the Oregon Trail, the home of Walter P. Chrysler, the Oz Museum and the Columbian Theatre. The Columbian Theatre is a unique experience for people in love with the arts. People from all across northeast Kansas come to Wamego to attend the theatre’s productions of plays and musicals.
Citizens of Wamego are well protected and cared for with a city hospital and medical clinic, the Stormont Vail Medical Clinic, city police, fire, and EMS departments. Due to our proximity to Manhattan and Topeka, quality medical specialists are easily accessible at three nearby health care centers, should the need arise.
We encourage you to visit our web site at www.usd320.com for further information about our school district. Complete application instructions may be found under the Human Resources button. We also welcome you to call our district office at 785-456-7643 with any questions you may have.
1008 8th Street Wamego, Kansas