PCMS Book Keeper/Secondary Secretary
Middle School Secondary Bookkeeper/Secretary
Purpose: The Secretary assists the principal with the efficient operation of the school by coordinating clerical support in the front office and working closely with administration- staff- students and parents.
Reports to: Principal
Pay Rate: Based upon education and experience
Term of Employment: 10 month employee
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience using computers- telephones- photocopy machines- fax machines and other office equipment.
- Experience with word processing- spreadsheets- databases and other clerical software.
- Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors- co-workers- teachers- and students.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform responsibilities without necessity of close supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the school district community.
- Ability to meet attendance standards to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to maintain a generally positive attitude.
Functions and Responsibilities:
Universal USD 250 Classified Standards:
- Support the philosophy and mission of USD 250 and the value of education.
- Comply with the privacy rights of students.
- Safeguard confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Communicate pleasantly and effectively with all the members of the school district and community.
- Provide excellence in customer service both internally and externally.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace to insure a safe and efficient working environment.
- Ensure that all activities conform to district- state- and federal guidelines.
- React to change positively and productively.
- Keep abreast of new information- innovative ideas and techniques.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies- including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Coordinate fall and spring picture days.
- Distribute- collect and verify all teachers purchase card statements and receipts monthly.
- Act as a liaison between teachers and PSU students for various programs.
- Create and approve daily absences for teachers in Aesop; verify substitute teacher assignments.
- Send and receive confidential faxes daily.
- Create and distribute activity cards for students.
- Contact appropriate businesses for all telephone and radio system issues.
- Create cafeteria duty roster yearly and maintain hall duty rosters.
- Coordinate 8th grade recognition ceremony yearly.
- Figure and maintain the daily log for PCMS.
- Assist in administering the school’s annual budget to ensure efficient operation of the school district.
- Figure and prepare student’s school fee sheets at the beginning of each school term.
- Keep records of all fees paid and unpaid and generate and mail notices of unpaid fees.
- Collect- record and receipt all monies coming into the school office during the school term. (Ex: school photos- yearbooks- lost or damaged books- etc.)
- Prepare and make bank deposits for all money collected at least twice weekly.
- Write and issue all checks from school activity accounts and keep school activity books balanced.
- Create building purchase orders.
- Prepare and mail letters regarding lost or damaged textbooks.
- Maintain and service postage meter and Xerox machine.
- Answer and direct incoming calls and take messages as needed.
- Greet parents- students and visitors and respond to requests.
- Assist teachers with questions and requests.
- Prepare incoming and outgoing mail and distribute appropriately.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and materials; order and distribute replacements as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal or other Administrative staff.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Level 3 – Medium Work
- Exerting 20 - 50 pounds of force occasionally- and/or up to 10-25 pounds of force frequently- and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
- This work requires the following physical activities: climbing- bending- stooping- kneeling- twisting- reaching- walking- lifting- finger dexterity- grasping and repetitive motions.
- Extended periods of sitting and/or standing.
- The work is performed primarily indoors.
- Must be able to adapt to a fast-paced- multi-faceted work environment.
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Pittsburg USD 250 www.usd250.org
Unified School District 250 serves the city of Pittsburg, Kansas and the immediate rural area surrounding our community. Over 2,700 students and 500 employees work daily to provide a first-class teaching and learning environment for students pre-kindergarten through the senior year of high school.
Our students are served in four elementary schools, a middle school, a high school, and an alternative education setting. All our facilities have been renovated or newly constructed since 2001 and contain the latest equipment and technology for facilitating student inquiry and learning.
Our staff is well-trained and experienced with about 60% of our teachers having a master’s degree or higher. The average experience level of teachers in the district exceeds 10 years. We are fortunate to be located in the same hometown as Pittsburg State University, providing our students and staff access to excellent educational experiences as well as the cultural and activity enrichment benefits of living near a university environment.
At Pittsburg Community Schools we believe in success for every child. With our family partners we are creating a better future for Pittsburg and its citizens.
Unified School District 250 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its employment procedures, educational programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Destry Brown, Superintendent of Schools, 510 Deill, PO Drawer 75, Pittsburg, KS 66762 (620) 235-3100.
510 Deill Pittsburg, Kansas