Superintendent of Schools
The Board of Education of USD 300 Comanche County is seeking a highly qualified and licensed superintendent.
- The candidate must have prior experience as a principal, assistant superintendent, or superintendent
- The candidate should hold, or be eligible to obtain District Level Licensure through KSDE.
- A leader who has demonstrated a passion for student learning and one who always puts students first.
- A visionary leader who has the capacity to express a vision and assist the stakeholders in understanding and developing a commitment to the vision.
- One who has a commitment to integrity, honesty, and ethical behavior.
- A strong communicator skilled in the use of digital and traditional methods of information dissemination and marketing of the district.
- A leader who possesses and has demonstrated positive interpersonal skills in working with boards, patrons, teachers/support staff, and students.
- A proven leader who has demonstrated skills in morale boosting among all stakeholders.
- An innovative leader to guide the district through 21st Century learning techniques and curriculum while assisting stakeholders in understanding and committing to the vision.
- A leader who has demonstrated knowledge and skills in working with school finance and budgeting.
- A progressive leader who values high visibility in the community and in the schools.
- A proven background in technology implementation and integration.
- All interested applicants should apply online through www.kansasteachingjobs.com
- Letter of application (directed to the Comanche County Board of Education)
- Current Resume (include five persons who will serve as references)
- University Transcripts
- Evidence of Kansas District Level Licensure or eligibility to obtain
- Any other supporting documents that would enhance the application file
- University Transcripts, Licensure, and any other supporting documents can be sent to Kelly Herd, USD 300 Board President, at email@example.com
- Application Deadline: December 1, 2019
- Screening Committee: December 4, 2019
- Interviews Completed By: December 31, 2019
- Duty Begins: July 1, 2020
- General Fund Budget: $3,091,448
- LOB Budget: $948,821
- General Fund Mill Levy: 20.000
- LOB Mill Levy: 21.383
- Capital Outlay Mill Levy: 8 mills
- Assessed Valuation: $39,407,858
- Principals: 2
- Teachers: 26
- Classified Employees: 26
For Further Information, please contact:
Comanche County USD 300
- Kelly Herd, Board of Education President
- Michael Baldwin, Interim Superintendent
A comprehensive benefit package is included with this position. Length of contract to be negotiated, with salary based on qualifications and experience. Job Start Date:
July-1-2020Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Kelly Herd - firstname.lastname@example.org -
Comanche County USD 300 www.usd300ks.com/
Schools in Comanche County USD 300 are top rated throughout the state in academics, athletics, and performing arts. Entering the 21st Century, the counties educational program is stronger after the 1999 consolidation of USD 300`s schools.
Residents of Comanche County have laid aside rivalries and are building new traditions by combining the strengths of The Wilmore Tigers, The Protection Panthers, and The Coldwater Eagles, familiar to parents and grandparents, to form The South Central Timberwolves.
Students from preschool all the way up to 8th Grade attend South Central Elementary/Middle School in Protection. After that, they attend South Central High School in Coldwater. South Central schools enjoy a low pupil-teacher ratio. With fewer kids, students can participate in more activities, leaving no one out!
600 E. Garfield Coldwater, Kansas