Administrative Assistant, Special Education
Greenbush - The Southeast Kansas Education Service Center is seeking applications for an Administrative Assistant, Special Education.
Job Summary: Provides office services by implementing procedures and policies and monitoring administrative projects. He/she will provide a wide range of administrative and office support activities to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization. Supports the organization’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, commitment to program, accountability, and ownership.
- High school diploma or certificate of equivalency.
- Two years previous administrative assistant experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Current on health immunizations.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of relevant software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- General clerical duties including answer, screen, and transfer phone calls, photocopying, fax, and distribute mail, maintain office supply inventories, and provide research and administrative support to special projects; prepare data, reports and follow-up on projects.
- Train personnel in various subjects related to assigned area operations.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems.
- Handle requests for information and data.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments.
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment.
- Maintain records in accordance with HIPAA, FERPA, IDEA and any other applicable laws, regulations or policies.
- Responds to requests from other agencies to accommodate their needs in accordance with district, state and federal guidelines.
- Regular interactions with all staff members.
- Ensures each visitor to the facility signs individuals in and out for their appointments.
- Must support the Service Center mission, goals, and objectives
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Must maintain strict confidentiality
- Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to produce excellent work as requested by the executive team
- Must assume responsibility for individual professional growth as related to job duties.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to effectively and regularly communicate with Service Center employees and constituents
- Must complete all assignments in a time-sensitive manner as determined by Supervisor
- Must meet all safety requirements as directed by the Service Center
- Must perform other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director or designee
- Must maintain consistent attendance
Anticipated start date: January 3, 2019. Open Until Filled. Equal Opportunity EmployerGreenbush ESC # 609
Excellent benefit package: Supporting employees and their families is important to Greenbush. We provide access to exceptional Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance options for all employees who work 20 hours or more a week. Additionally, Greenbush participates in the Kansas Public Retirement System (KPERS) and provides excellent 403B plan options. Greenbush contributes to each and every employees retirement plan by matching up to $75 a month for any Greenbush employee that contributes to one of the 403B plans. Employees also can participate in flex spending accounts and salary protection programs. All employees are provided with sick days, personal leave, and holidays subject to the length of their contract. Equal Opportunity Employer Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Job Start Date:
January-3-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Patty Carter - firstname.lastname@example.org -
Greenbush ESC # 609 www.greenbush.org
Ensuring Equal Educational Opportunities for Everyone!
With more than 500 employees, the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center— Greenbush offers programs to school districts that are otherwise unavailable, unaffordable, or just more effective and efficient through a cooperative effort. At the core of every Greenbush service is the uncompromising belief that every learner, regardless of age or geographic location, deserves equal educational opportunities.
When working for Greenbush, you could potentially be working anywhere in the state of Kansas. We have more than 80 locations, with the main offices located in Girard, Lawrence, and Topeka. Our programs reach far beyond these locations allowing us to offer a variety of services that include, but are not limited to:
· Hands-on learning labs at the Abernathy Science Education Center
· Providing professional development
· Team-building at the Challenge Ropes Course
· Experiential learning at the Camp and Retreat Center
· Helping learners receive their diploma or credit recovery via virtual and online learning
· Assisting Special Education agencies to access reimbursement for school provided health services
· Specialized learning through Special Day Schools
· Parents as Teachers
· Vision/Hearing and Tele-Therapy services
· Migrant Education
· Infant Toddler Services
· Administrative Services
· Cooperative Purchasing
· Custodial and Transportation services
Greenbush employees are as unique as their programs and enjoy a variety of opportunities. They are supported with competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a shared belief in supporting schools across the state. Visit our website at www.greenbush.org for more information of all Greenbush programs and services!Employer Address:
947 W. 47 Hwy Girard, Kansas