4th Grade Teacher (MES) (2019-20)
Purpose: Creates a positive learning environment to facilitate the personal, social, and intellectual development of students. In order to respond to the individual needs and abilities of students, the Classroom Instructor must work closely with other staff and the administration of USD385.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Current Kansas State Teaching License on file in the District Office.
- Desire to continue career improvement.
Date: May 1, 2018
- Facilitate the personal, social and intellectual development of students.
- Establish a positive learning environment and respond to the individual needs of students.
- Ensure that all activities conform to district guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the school district and community.
- Work effectively with community organizations.
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Support the philosophy and mission of USD 385.
- Plan and implement effective lessons, using time, materials and resources effectively.
- Motivate students through effective communication and evaluative feedback.
- Display a thorough knowledge of curriculum and subject matter.
- Demonstrate awareness of the needs of students and provide for individual differences.
- Set high expectations for student achievement and behavior.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships with others.
- Establish and maintain a positive climate for learning through appropriate classroom management.
- Maintain current curriculum and instructional practices.
- Coordinate and supervise field trips.
- Assist with the activities of student organizations.
- Attend and assist when necessary with school events such a musical programs, athletics, student recognition ceremonies, graduation and open hours.
- See that district policies are observed during all activities.
- Obtain advance approval of the principal for all activities and expenditures.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Other duties as assigned by the principal or other administrative staff, which are consistent with the general requirements and qualifications of the position.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Requires the ability to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods.
- Occasionally requires the ability to manually move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials.
- Occasionally requires the ability to stoop, bend and/or reach.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors year-round.
- Must be able to work in noisy and crowded environments.
- Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job.
FLSA Status: ExemptAndover USD 385
Per benefits guide. Per negotiated agreement. Experience credit limited to five years with a bachelor`s degree or nine years with a master`s degree. Job Start Date:
September-3-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Dana Matheny - email@example.com - 316-218-4630
Andover USD 385 www.usd385.org
The Andover Public Schools spans 47 square miles in Butler and Sedgwick counties, covering both the City of Andover and an eastern portion of Wichita. Approximately 5,800 students attend one virtual, six elementary, two middle and two high schools in Andover.
Andover Schools take pride in their academic excellence and progress to exceed local, state and national goals. Our tradition of excellence is evident in our National Merit Finalists and Semi-Finalists, continually high ACT scores, state championships in athletics and activities and regional and national recognitions awarded to programs and staff. Andover is a progressive district focused on helping students succeed.
Andover Public Schools holds high expectations for students and staff. Our success is evident in the many awards and recognitions staff receives. Andover educators have won recognitions such as Kansas Teacher of the Year, Kansas Teacher of the Year finalists and semi-finalists, Kansas Master Teacher, Kansas History Teacher of the Year and many more.
Andover voters approved two bond issue questions in May 2017 that will fund over $188 million worth of school and athletic projects. The bond issue included replacing two schools (high & elementary), adding storm shelters and secure entrances, a district tennis complex, upgraded athletic facilities, a middle- and high-school orchestra program, an expanded preschool program and other necessary facility improvements.
The Andover Public School district offers an employee:
Additional Compensation for Duties Added to Certified Assignments
Tax Deferred Annuity Program
Direct Payroll Deposit
Comprehensive Insurance Program (employee health insurance fully paid)
Personal and Professional Leave
Sick Leave Bank Options
Longevity Pay for Years of Service
In addition, Andover staff members are encouraged to grow through a variety of in-service programs and through a salary step program that provides compensation for additional college credits.
We are proud of our small class size, strong parental involvement, a Board of Education that advocates professional growth and assistance from the Andover Advantage Foundation (a non-profit educational support organization).
Interested candidates should apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/andover/onlineapp/.
1432 N. Andover Rd. Andover, Kansas