The Classroom Instructor creates a positive learning environment to facilitate the personal, social, and intellectual development of students. In order to respond to the individual needs and abilities of students, the Classroom Instructor must work closely with other staff, the administration, and other programs of Dodge City Public Schools.
· Bachelor`s Degree in Education
· Kansas certification in content area assignment or eligible for Kansas Certification. Highly Qualified under No Child Left Behind preferred. Endorsement in Art or Elementary Education (K-9) with "HQ" designation for Art.
· Advanced degree, experience and/or specialized training in curriculum content and instructional pedagogy relative to assignment.
· Knowledge and experience with instruction, methodology and materials related to bilingual education. ESL/ESOL endorsement preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to work with fellow educators to develop, implement and evaluate instructional strategies and materials to improve teaching and learning for all students.
· Kansas Certification of Health on file in the Central Office.
Complete an on-line district application at http://www.usd443.org. We need the following documents submitted for your application to be considered complete and eligible to advance through the screening/interview/hiring process.
· USD 443 Online Application
· Letter of Interest
· Copy of current resume, complete with the names and current contact information of at least five references
· Copy of all university transcripts
· Copy of current Kansas Department of Education (KSDE) License or verification from KSDE that Kansas licensure is in process
If you are unable to attach these items, you may fax them to 620-227-1695 or mail them to 1000 Second Avenue, Dodge City, KS 67801.
Applicants may check application status by reading messages sent to the e-mail address submitted on the application.
Upon recommendation of the appropriate administrative team members, new appointments or transfer assignments will be sent to the Board of Education for final action.
If you have questions you may contact Yalanda Tieben at 620-371-1004.
Dodge City USD 443
6,850 students 443 certified teachers 1,300 employees (includes full-time, part-time, temporary, and substitute employees)
Finance: $70 million annual budget
1 accredited Pre-Kindergarten early childhood education center with Head Start program.
8 accredited elementary schools for Kindergarten through 5th Grade students.
2 accredited middle schools 6th through 8th Grade students.
1 accredited high school for 9th through 12 Grade students.
Alternative high school education opportunities with adult education opportunities.