2019-2020 Third Grade Teacher
The Classroom Instructor creates a positive learning environment to facilitate the personal, social, and intellectual development of students. In order to respond to the individual needs and abilities of students, the Classroom Instructor must work closely with other staff, the administration, and other programs of Dodge City Public Schools. The successful candidate will be a self starter and team player.
- Kansas certification in content area assignment or certification in a different state with qualifications that allow for licensure in Kansas.
- Highly Qualified under No Child Left Behind preferred.
- Advanced degree, experience and/or specialized training in curriculum content and instructional pedagogy relative to assignment preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with instruction, methodology and materials related to bilingual education. ESL/ESOL endorsement preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with fellow educators to develop, implement and evaluate instructional strategies and materials to improve teaching and learning for all students
- Kansas Certification of Health on file in the Central Office.
- Personal Qualities - Appearance, grooming and personality which establish a desirable example for students.
- Ability to meet District standards for physical and mental health.
- Better than average recommendations from student teaching supervisors or other professionals who have observed the personal characteristics, scholastic attainment and classroom performance of the teacher.
- Demonstrated ability to assess needs and respond with appropriate action to achieve goals – persistent problem solver
- Flexibility with schedule, program demands and student needs
- Demonstrated ability to self-start
- Demonstrated ability to respond to needs creatively and independently
- Evidence of confidence necessary to lead and humility necessary to follow directions
- Demonstrated ability to take direction – teachable
- Willingness to learn
- Evidence of readiness to go above and beyond assigned duties
Complete an on-line district application at http://www.usd443.org. Make sure your application is attached to the position for which you wish to apply.
We need the following documents submitted for your application to be considered complete and eligible to advance through the screening/interview/hiring process.
- USD 443 Online Application
- Letter of Interest
- Copy of current resume, complete with the names and current contact information of at least five references
- University credential file
- Copy of all university transcripts
- Copy of current Kansas Department of Education (KSDE) License or verification from KSDE that Kansas licensure is in process
If you are unable to attach these items, you may fax them to 620-227-1695 or mail them to PO Box 460, Dodge City, KS 67801.
Applicants may check application status by reading messages sent to the e-mail address submitted on the application.
Upon recommendation of the appropriate administrative team members, new appointments or transfer assignments will be sent to the Board of Education for final action. Dodge City USD 443
Dodge City USD 443
Full District Benefits $40,625 Job Start Date:
August-19-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Ramona Nance - firstname.lastname@example.org - 620-371-1004
Dodge City USD 443 www.usd443.org
443 certified teachers
(includes full-time, part-time, temporary, and substitute employees)
$70 million annual budget
1 accredited Pre-Kindergarten early childhood education center with Head Start program.
8 accredited elementary schools for Kindergarten through 5th Grade students.
2 accredited middle schools 6th through 8th Grade students.
1 accredited high school for 9th through 12 Grade students.
Alternative high school education opportunities with adult education opportunities.
To be considered all applicants must apply at http://www.usd443.org.
1000 North Second Avenue Dodge City, Kansas