Position Title: 7-12 Building Principal
Reports To: Superintendent
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employment Classification: Full-time
Salary: Annual contract
To use leadership, management, supervisory, and monitoring skills to promote the educational development of each student. Provide instructional leadership to staff.
*Current Kansas building administrator license
*Prior Experience as a Principal or Assistant Principal preferred
*Current Kansas State Teaching License
*Health and Inoculation certificate
*Valid Driver`s license
*Three letters of professional reference
1. Other duties as assigned.
2. Maintain school records and file necessary reports.
3. Provide student discipline as necessary and enforce school policies.
4. Attend and participate in staff meetings.
5. Adhere to all district policies.
6. Ability to effectively communicate with all staff, students, and community members.
7. Develop and oversee curriculum planning and implementation.
8. Provide professional development for teachers.
9. Evaluate teacher performance.
10. Help resolve employee problems and provide support to employees.
11. Annually develop a building calendar and classroom schedule.
12. Manage all building personnel.
13. Regular attendance during designated working hours.
1. Responsible for equipment and supply inventory records.
2. Assist with Enrollment.
3. Make provision for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
4. Attend and assist when necessary with school events such as musical programs, athletics, student recognition ceremonies, graduation and open house.
5. Assist with the activities of student organizations
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
1. Requires long and/or irregular hours
2. Must work in noisy and crowded environments
3. Requires ability to travel
4. Occasional stooping, bending, and reaching
5. Occasionally requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy(less than 50 lb) objects or materials
6. Requires prolonged sitting or standing
Cunningham USD 332
West Kingman County Unified School District No. 332 has the following Mission Statement:
THE MISSION OF UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 332 WEST KINGMAN COUNTY IS THAT ALL STUDENTS LEARN TO COMMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY, ACQUIRE BASIC LIFE SKILLS, DEVELOP RESPONSIBILITY TO SELF AND SOCIETY, AND SET GOALS FOR LIFE LONG LEARNING IN A GLOBAL SOCIETY.
Cunningham, Kansas is a small community located one hour west of Wichita on HWY 54. USD 332 has approximately 200 students, Pre-K through grade 12, and a total staff of 20 teachers. If you are seeking a teaching job with small class sizes and an opportunity to know each student and impact his or her education, then our district is for you. Cunningham HIgh School provides a laptop for each student so technology is at the forefront of learning. Professional development for teachers is supported and provided through a variety of resources. Cunningham is a small district with a warm, caring environment for both students and staff.