POSITION SUMMARY: The Altamont Grade Head Volleyball Coach shall organize- coordinate- and promote a comprehensive athletic program that is designed to meet the needs and interests of the school community. The head coach shall provide effective leadership that will ensure a positive learning environment and will stress the importance of academic achievement. He/she will demonstrate a high degree of ethics- professionalism- human relations- and be a positive role model for all students.
- Lead and organize the direction of the Athletic Program throughout the year.
- Communicate effectively with members of the school district and community.
- Be able to work independently or as a team member.
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Support the value of an education.
- Ensure that all activities conform to district guidelines- and observe district policies at all times.
- Support the philosophy and mission of USD 506.
- Support and direct the overall program in a loyal manner.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Requires prolonged standing.
- Comply with the rules and regulations set forth by USD 506 and KSHSAA
- Work closely with the assistant coaches and the athletic director in executing the program’s overall objectives.
- Communicate to all participants the policies of the team- local school- and School Board relating to school sponsored activities
- Help to plan- organize- and implement the teaching of fundamentals- strategies- rules- and proper conditioning in the assigned sport.
- Provide an atmosphere conducive to good sportsmanship; compile and participate in the awards program(s) according to school procedure.
- See that adequate supervision is provided for all students involved in the program; provide for the safety of participants by inspecting facilities and equipment and being aware of environmental conditions.
- Issue- collect- inventory- and store equipment consistent with department guidelines.
- Instruct participants in safety procedures and in the need to report injuries to the coach and/or trainer immediately; ensure the availability of properly supplied first aid kits and student emergency medical information.
- Keep abreast of new information- innovative ideas and techniques by attending sports clinics and coaching related workshops.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies- including all precautions of the Bloodborn Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Must hold a valid Kansas school teaching license or qualify for and receive Rule 10 certification from KSHSAA.
- Be flexible- positive- and proactive in the ability to manage multiple practice facilities.
-Possess the ability to effectively communicate (verbally- electronically and in writing) with students- faculty- administration- and parents.
If interested in this position- please contact Tiffany Flatt at email@example.com or by phone at 620-784-5511.
It is the policy of Labette County Unified School District No. 506 to follow employment practices- which consider only qualifications of the applicant for a position- without regard to race- color- religion- age- sex- disability- ancestry- or national origin.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
The school district of Labette County USD 506 does not discriminate on the basis of race- color- national origin- sex- disability- or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries or complaints regarding the nondiscrimination policies- including requests for accommodations or access to District buildings and programs.
Complaints in regard to Discrimination
Discrimination against any student or employee on the basis of race- color- national origin- sex- disability- or religion in the admission or access to or treatment in the districts programs or activities is prohibited. The Superintendent of Schools- PO Box 189- Altamont- Kansas 67330-0188- 620-784-5326- has been designated to coordinate compliance with nondiscrimination requirements contained in Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973- Age Discrimination Act of 1975- and Americans with Disability Act of 1990. Superintendent of Schools- 401 S High School Street- PO Box 189- Altamont- KS 67330- 620-784-5326- 620-724-6280 (telecommunications device for the deaf)- 620-328-3121 (speech impaired)- firstname.lastname@example.org
Labette County USD 506 encompasses 500 square miles of Labette County. The district serves over 1,600 students enrolled in a K-12 system, which is housed in five kindergarten through eighth grade elementary schools and one comprehensive high school serving grades nine through twelve. Administrative offices are located in the Curran Administrative Center, Altamont, KS. The district is a member of the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center and of the Southeast Kansas Interlocal #637. Communities served by the district are Altamont, Angola, Bartlett, Dennis, Edna, Valeda, Labette, Mound Valley, and a large portion of the west side of Parsons. Cities in the immediate area include Parsons, Coffeyville, and Independence. Larger cities nearby include Pittsburg, KS, Joplin, MO, and Bartlesville, OK. Agriculture and agriculture related business are primary sources of income in the district. The communities in the district are served by three area hospitals. Recreation is readily accessible through area golf courses, Big Hill Lake, and Lake Parsons.