Agriculture Education Teacher **$1,000 SIGNING BONUS**
USD 349 has an opening for an Agriculture Education Teacher. Our program is constructed within three CTE Pathways; Comprehensive Ag. Science, Power, Structural, and Technical Systems, and Plan Systems. The successful candidate would also inherit a good FFA program. Our Ag. program has strong community support. We are a Gemini II school, redesigning to meet the changing needs or our students and community. Please apply and contact the administrator if you have questions. We are offering a student loan payback program up to three years for first year teachers.
Stafford USD 349
BCBS insurance, coop through ESSDACK. See Salary Schedule upon request; Base for new teacher BS $36,201
General Objectives of a Stafford USD 349 Teacher
To plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences
- establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- prepare classroom for class activities
- provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities
- identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet students` varying needs
- instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment
- use relevant technology to support instruction
- observe and evaluate student`s performance and development
- assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments
- provide appropriate feedback on work
- encourage and monitor the progress of individual students
- maintain accurate and complete records of students` progress and development
- manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures
- maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school
- participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations
- participate in department and school meetings, parent meetings
- communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs
- keep updated with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities
- complete additional activities/request as deemed necessary by administrators
Transition to Teaching or
The minimum of a Bachelor`s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Hold the appropriate endorsement/s
A valid Kansas Teaching Certification
Qualified applicants should complete and submit the following information:
Letter of interest
Certified application - can be found online @ http://www.stafford349.com/employment
Copy of your current teaching license
Additional items to submit:
Copies of your transcripts
Letters of recommendation
Stafford USD 349
Stafford USD 349
Health Insurance Commensurate with education and experience. Job Start Date:
August-8-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Katie Minks - email@example.com -
Stafford USD 349 stafford349.com
**$1,000 SIGNING BONUS**
The Stafford Community is a rural community that is a great place to live, work, and raise a family. Centrally located in the state, it is within easy driving distance of Hutchinson, Great Bend, and Pratt.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT STAFFORD SCHOOLS:
- In support of Kansas’ vision for education, Stafford Schools is a Gemini II school. We are currently redesigning our schools around the five outcomes established by KSDE: social-emotional growth, kindergarten readiness, Individual Plan of Study, high school graduation and postsecondary success.
- Stafford High School is very proud of their Career and Technical programs: Culinary Arts, Health Sciences, Entrepreneurship /Marketing, Building Trades and Vocational Agriculture/FFA.
- High School students learn about entrepreneurship at our Stafford Entrepreneurship and Economic Development (SEED) Center. Students start their own business and become business owners through this program.
- USD 349 is the Stafford County home to Early Learning Pre-school and provides the Parents as Teachers program for families with children ages 0-3.
- USD 349 was designated by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment as a Kansas Health School. Many health initiatives are promoted to the students and community.
- USD 349 students, staff and families have the capability of participating in Kansas University Tele-medicine education and health consultations – free of charge.
- USD 349 is the recipient of 21 Century Learning Grants. With these resources, the District maintains an after-school program for students in grades K-12. The Elementary is entitled Shining Through Academics and Relationships at Stafford (STARS). The High School is entitled TROJAN ZONE.
- USD 349 includes an Adult Learning Center. We provide a high school dropout recovery program at our Adult Learning Center that serves the community
- The local Board of Education takes leadership training seriously with their commitment to the Kansas Association of School Boards. Two past members have served as President of KASB.
- USD 349 has an active Education Foundation, endowing numerous scholarships for graduates and providing resources needed by staff and students.
318 E. Broadway Stafford, Kansas