Seaman USD #345 has an opening for an Assistant Girls Soccer Coach for the 2019-20 school year.
Candidate must have coaching experience and/or have competed in soccer.
Position is responsible for coaching student athletes in competitive soccer techniques to prepare them for competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport of soccer. This position runs from 3/2/20 through 5/30/20.
1. Works with players during practices and games.
2. Assists with organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages students to participate.
3. Assist with skill assessment and assigning team positions.
4. Helps develop a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
5. Works with the athletic director when needed in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
6. Assists Head Coach to instruct players- individually or in groups- regarding the rules- regulations- equipment- and techniques of the sport.
7. Observes players- during games and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
8. Follows established procedures in the event of an injury.
9. May assist the head coach with conferences with parents/guardians- as necessary- regarding the performance of their student.
10. Follows KSHSAA regulations governing the program.
13. Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards athletes- officials- and spectators.
14. Participates in special activities to include parent’s night- banquets- award nights- and pep assemblies.
15. Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
If you are applying for a Seaman USD #345 vacancy, you must do so by going to our website; http://www.seamanschools.org , click on Job Openings or you can link to https://seamanschools.tedk12.com/hire/ to start the application process.
Seaman USD 345 is primarily a suburban district of about 4,000 students, located within and adjacent to Topeka, Kansas. USD 345 is large enough for a well-diversified academic program, but small enough to provide individual attention. The district operates one high school, one middle school, five elementary schools, one alternative school, and one early learning center. Seaman has high quality teachers, administrators, and professional support staff members, with approximately 700 district employees. Many staff members have received recognition at the state and national levels as leaders in their field. Seaman is committed to excellent professional development, and new teachers participate in a high quality mentoring program. The Seaman School District is an excellent place to live and to work. Please visit our website at www.seamanschools.org to learn more about our outstanding district and the opportunities it provides.