General Description and Purpose
The Assistant Registrar is responsible for maintaining the accuracy, integrity and confidentiality of student and academic records. The Assistant Registrar is responsible for the duties and responsibilities related to transcript, academic, and student records management and processing. With the Registrar, the Assistant Registrar participates in design and implementation of policies related to student records as required. The Assistant Registrar will evaluate incoming transcripts and other student academic records for equivalency and transferability of course credit. Is responsible for transcript coding and data entry. Will manage institutional transfer policies to ensure system accuracy and alignment with college policies. Will facilitate college and university course transfer policies and communicate to students and advisors. The Assistant Registrar will serve in the absence of the Registrar.
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy, integrity and confidentiality of student and academic records.
- Responsible for the duties and responsibilities related to transcript, academic, and student records management and processing.
- With the Registrar, participates in designing and implementation of policies related to student records.
- Implement and manage the intake and processing of official college and university transcripts to the institution, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the transcript and student record.
- Evaluate all incoming college and university transcripts to determine equivalency and/or transferability of course credits; analyze course descriptions, catalogs, and syllabi for content, level, credit value, course title and accreditation status. Facilitate Transfer Course Approval Forms as needed.
- Conduct transfer record evaluation and maintain the transfer equivalency data with state colleges and universities.
- Maintain an up-to-date library of transfer information for students and academic advisors made available through the college website.
- Coordinate and assist with transfer and articulation information from university representatives as required.
- Work with the Office of Instruction, academic department chairs and/or faculty to determine course transferability as required.
- Transcript coding and data entry of all transfer courses to the official student transcript as required.
- Manage institution transfer policies and maintain accuracy and alignment with college policies.
- Maintain up-to-date course transfer information; work with the Kansas Board of Regents, college and university officials to obtain course transfer policies.
- Ensure course transfer information is communicated and made available to students and advisors.
- Interface with the National Clearing House and coordinate reporting and associated communication as required.
- Evaluate and/or audit student academic records as needed.
- Evaluate alternative credit as needed including: Credit for Prior Learning, Military Credit, Advanced Placement, and Credit by Examination.
- Maintain documentation of transactions regarding academic records for verification and audit.
- Maintain an emphasis on quality service to internal and external customers.
- Coordinate, maintain and process reports and audits for external and internal reports as needed.
- Assist in coordinating and overseeing graduation activities.
- Maintain an emphasis on quality service to internal and external customers.
- Serve as Co-Chair of the Transcript Processing Team; implement and monitor transcript processing to ensure accuracy of data and timely transaction.
- Work closely with the computer center staff on ‘quality assurance’ issues with student information system.
- Work closely with the Student Success Staff to facilitate transfer information and student degree audit summaries.
- Work closely with the institutional effectiveness/data services staff to understand data files within student information system, to verify and ensure integrity of data.
- Must develop and maintain a solid and professional rapport with department staff, faculty members, staff and board of trustee members.
- Other duties as assigned by the Registrar, Vice President of Students/Enrollment Management or President.
Coordination and Accountability Tasks
- Perform other duties assigned by the Registrar, Vice President of Students/Enrollment Management.
- Participate in staff development, in-service training, committee assignments, and educational advancement on a regular basis or as directed.
Supervises the Following Staff
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication, time management, analytical skills.
- Possess excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Be detail oriented and work successfully in executing data entry for a consistent period of time.
- Collaborate well with others and make responsible decisions.
- Be conscientious about the work environment, must be accurate, problem solver and detail oriented.
- Excellent computer skills and maintaining data on-line.
- Multi-task and prioritize workflow successfully; perform well under pressure.
- Be able to prepare clear, concise and accurate records, data entries, and reports.
- Enjoy working with people and demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to foster effective campus and external relationships.
- Able to develop a professional and solid rapport with department staff, faculty members, staff, administration, and Board of Trustee members and work in a community college environment.
- Serve within a non-traditional and collaborative work environment.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, with a service-centered philosophy.
- Self-starter and have the ability to work and make decisions independently.
- Willing to work evenings and/or weekends as needed.
- Work with a diverse population and support diversity awareness.
- Understand and support the mission, philosophy, vision, goals and objectives of PCC and community college education.
- Possess a high degree of ethical standards, including adherence to general rules for safety and procedures.
- Work successfully with operating systems including, but not limited to: Ellucian Power Campus, Self-Service, Canvas and Etrieve systems and procedures.
- Be self-motivated, goal orientated and forward thinking.
- Two years’ experience working in business, management, business operations, accounting, record keeping, auditing, database management or related field required.
- Two years’ experience in handling confidential information and data processing preferred.
- Experience working in a college or education setting preferred.
- Associate’s degree plus two years practical workplace experience in business, management, business operations, accounting, or related field or a Bachelor’s degree in business, management, business operations, accounting, or related field required.
Certifications and/or Licensure
Pratt Community College
Excellent Benefit Package: Employer paid Health and Dental Insurance plus vacation, sick leave, personal days, tuition remission to include family, etc. Send completed employment application, resume and transcripts to Personnel Director, Pratt Community College, 348 NE S.R. 61, Pratt, KS 67124. 620-450-2139. Visit our web site www.prattcc.edu to apply online or download application. AA/EOE Job Start Date:
November-1-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Rita Pinkall - email@example.com - 620-450-2139
Pratt Community College prattcc.edu
Must apply via http://prattcc.edu/ to receive full consideration.
PRATT COMMUNITY COLLEGE does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by law in all aspects of employment & admission in its education programs or activities. Complete notice can be found at: http://prattcc.edu/eeoEmployer Address:
348 NE SR 61 Pratt, Kansas