Apply via the district web site at www.usd470.com under Employment
The Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction provides leadership in the ongoing development and improvement of the entire instruction program of the district. This person also oversees the planning and implementation of professional development activities for certified staff and may serve in the absence of the District Superintendent.
· Hold or be eligible for a Kansas District Leadership Certificate.
· Minimum of five (5) years administrative/supervisory experience.
· Experience in curriculum development.
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; sound
capacities in coordinated team-based leadership models.
· Experience in planning and implementing professional development activities.
Advanced knowledge in technical skills, strong computer-use skills and abilities.
Arkansas City USD 470
Arkansas City USD 470Arkansas City USD 470
Arkansas City Public Schools are committed to excellence in teaching and learning for all students. We share with the community the responsibility for educating all students so they will be prepared to live, work and continue learning how to learn in an ever-changing world. USD 470 is a district of schools recognized for excellence by governor of Kansas and Standard & Poor’s, U.S. and Kansas state Departments of Education and the Confidence in Kansas Public Education Task Force.