Title: Assistant Superintendent for Instruction and Curriculum
Reports To: Superintendent
Supervises: Assigned staff members
To provide leadership in the development- implementation- and coordination of the district’s K-12 curriculum.
Masters degree with appropriate Kansas Administrative licensure.
1. Guides development- implementation and evaluation of curriculum and instructional
2. Keeps abreast of developments in curriculum and instruction- and furnishes leadership
in determining their appropriateness for inclusion in the district educational program.
3. Assists in the development and coordination of the sections of the budget that pertain
to curriculum and instruction.
4. Assists in the screening- hiring- training- and assigning of instructional personnel.
5. Communicates the approved curriculum to the professional staff and maintains a list
of approved instructional materials.
6. Works with principals and teacher committees in organizational and coordinating
grade level and departmental meetings- in order to effect horizontal and vertical
continuity and articulation of the instructional program throughout the district.
7. Encourages the development- publication- and use of new instructional materials by
the professional staff.
8. Maintains current information about graduation requirements- approved courses-
credit allowed- and any pertinent information useful to students and staff.
9. Maintains a curriculum library for staff use.
10. Provides staff leadership to ensure understanding of and promotion of the educational
objectives of the district.
11. Plans and administers programs of inservice educational activities for instructional
12. Facilitates the study and evaluation- and- as appropriate- recommends the adoption
of new instructional materials- methods- and programs- and assists in the budget
preparation for newly approved instructional programs as related to instructional
supplies- equipment- and materials.
13. Oversees the Local Consolidation Plan and the School/District Improvement Efforts.
14. Oversees test Coordination for the District.
15. Assumes a leadership role in developing curriculum for any course newly mandated
by the legislatures or the Board.
16. Coordinates all formal efforts of the professional staff in projects of curriculum
17. Recommends the addition and deletion of courses- grade placement of courses- credit
allowance for courses- and graduation requirements.
18. Interprets the curriculum and its philosophy to the Board- the administrators- the
staff and the general public.
19. Maintains liaison and active participation with educational leaders in curriculum and
instruction at state- regional and national levels.
20. Demonstrates effective human relations and communication skills.
21. Complies with all district rules- regulations and policies.
22. Other duties may be assigned.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
Physical and emotional ability and dexterity to perform required work and move about as
needed in a fast-pace- high-intensive work environment.
Please go the district's website at https://haysville.schoolrecruiter.net/Index.aspx to complete an online application.
For more information about the Haysville School District visit our website at http://www.usd261.com
"Unified School District 261 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, military status or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Dr. Michael Clagg, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources, 1745 W. Grand, Haysville, Kansas 67060 Office Phone: (316) 554-2206, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org"