Audiologist-Educational - Topeka, KS
Greenbush - The Southeast Kansas Education Service Center is seeking applications for a part-time Educational Audiologist in Topeka, KS.
Anticipated start date: August 1, 2019. Position will remain open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Summary: Provide direct and consultative audiology services to children birth through high school in the school, home and/or clinical settings.
- Hold a Master’s Degree or Doctorate (AuD) in Audiology
- Hold a Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech/Language/Hearing Association or its equivalence
- or be eligible to obtain a Kansas Audiology License
- Maintain current health certificate
- Valid Kansas driver’s license
- Provide community leadership to ensure that all infants, toddlers, and youth with impaired hearing are promptly identified, evaluated, and provided with appropriate intervention services.
- Collaborate as needed with community agencies (ie. hospitals, health departments, Early Head Start, Birth to Three, Parents as Teachers) for hearing services and training.
- Train appropriate personnel to screen for hearing loss.
- Conduct comprehensive audiological evaluations.
- Make appropriate referrals for further audiological, communication, educational, psychosocial, or medical assessment.
- Interpret audiological assessment results to parents and school personnel.
- Serve as a member of the IEP, SIT and 504 teams in the evaluation, planning and placement process. Make recommendations regarding placement, related service needs, communication needs, and modification of classroom environments for students with hearing impairments or other auditory impairments.
- Provide inservice training on hearing and hearing impairments to school personnel, children, parents and community agencies.
- Educate parents, children, and school personnel about hearing conservation.
- Perform evaluations to assess auditory processing disorders (APD), as needed.
- Ensure proper fit and functioning of hearing aids, cochlear implants, FM systems, classroom amplification and assistive listening devices.
- Analyze classroom noise and acoustics and make recommendations for improving the listening environment.
- Manage the calibration of participating school district’s audiometric equipment.
- Collaborate with the school, parents, teachers, special education support personnel, and relevant community agencies and professionals to ensure delivery of appropriate services.
- Make recommendations for assistive devices for children with hearing impairment.
- Serve as a member of the team in development of an Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) for infants and toddlers. Provide home-based early intervention services in the areas of amplification, methods of communication, auditory development, speech and language, and early literacy.
- Serve as a member of the Greenbush Special Services team, including participation in staff meetings and frequent collaboration.
- Must support the Service Center mission, goals, and objectives.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to produce excellent work as requested by the executive team.
- Must assume responsibility for individual professional growth by staying current with literature, research, and/or practices.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to effectively and regularly communicate with Service Center employees and constituents.
- Must complete all assignments in a time-sensitive manner as determined by Supervisor.
- Must meet all safety requirements as directed by the Service Center.
- Must perform other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director or designee
- Manages all job duties with mobility, agility, and dexterity.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 40 pounds.
- Requires extensive travel during the workday.
- Requires comprehensive use of the computer and other technology.
- Requires consistent work attendance.
Greenbush ESC # 609
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Job Start Date:
August-1-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Alice Corn - email@example.com -
Greenbush ESC # 609 www.greenbush.org
Ensuring Equal Educational Opportunities for Everyone!
With more than 500 employees, the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center— Greenbush offers programs to school districts that are otherwise unavailable, unaffordable, or just more effective and efficient through a cooperative effort. At the core of every Greenbush service is the uncompromising belief that every learner, regardless of age or geographic location, deserves equal educational opportunities.
When working for Greenbush, you could potentially be working anywhere in the state of Kansas. We have more than 80 locations, with the main offices located in Girard, Lawrence, and Topeka. Our programs reach far beyond these locations allowing us to offer a variety of services that include, but are not limited to:
· Hands-on learning labs at the Abernathy Science Education Center
· Providing professional development
· Team-building at the Challenge Ropes Course
· Experiential learning at the Camp and Retreat Center
· Helping learners receive their diploma or credit recovery via virtual and online learning
· Assisting Special Education agencies to access reimbursement for school provided health services
· Specialized learning through Special Day Schools
· Parents as Teachers
· Vision/Hearing and Tele-Therapy services
· Migrant Education
· Infant Toddler Services
· Administrative Services
· Cooperative Purchasing
· Custodial and Transportation services
Greenbush employees are as unique as their programs and enjoy a variety of opportunities. They are supported with competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a shared belief in supporting schools across the state. Visit our website at www.greenbush.org for more information of all Greenbush programs and services!Employer Address:
947 W. 47 Hwy Girard, Kansas