Behavioral Intervention Aide
The Behavioral Intervention Aide assists certified teachers in creating a positive learning environment for the assigned students. To accomplish this task- the Behavioral Intervention Aide works closely with the staff and administration of USD 473.
- High school diploma. Some college level coursework in relatable field is preferred.
- One year of direct experience working with behavioral or at-risk students is preferred.
- Assist students who require persistent behavioral support with activities of daily life as required for their participation in the school environment.
- Assist in facilitating the personal- social- and intellectual development of students with severe behavioral needs.
- Assist other staff members in meeting the individual needs of the assigned students by facilitating positive interactions with others who interact with the students.
- Assist in the instruction and supervision of assigned students during structured and unstructured daily activities.
- React to change in programming or scheduling productively and positively respond to novel situations as they arise.
- Consistently use research validated de-escalation strategies to help with the student regain control when they are in an escalated behavior-state.
- Use appropriate behavior management techniques with all students to maintain a positive climate for learning.
- Set high expectations for student achievement and behavior.
- Be able to work in an isolated location for extended time.
- Ensure that proper safety practices are followed at all times- and readily intercede on behalf of the student during unscheduled interactions with staff members or guest who are unfamiliar with the student.
- Provide consistent support in all settings including mealtime- community outings- assemblies and classrooms.
- Assist in safeguarding confidential information.
- Demonstrate an ability and desire to communicate effectively and forge positive professional relationships with staff and students.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies.
- Comply with all district policies- rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the instructional teacher or principal that are consistent with the general requirements and qualification for the position.
- Requires the ability to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods.
- Requires the ability to manually move- lift- carry- pull- or push heavy objects or materials.
- Requires the ability to remain highly attentive and focuses for prolonged periods of time in a number of settings.
- Requires the ability to scoop- kneel- crawl- bend- turn and reach.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors year-round.
- Must be able to work in noisy and crowded environments.
- Requires the ability to preforms the physical maneuvers required to execute approved restraint procedures.
- Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job.
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Chapman/USD 473 www.usd473.net/
USD 473, Chapman has a Student enrollment of approximately 1,000 students. Our district includes: Head Start, Wee Lads and Lasses Preschool, Rural Center Elementary (K-4), Blue Ridge Elementary (K-5), Enterprise Elementary (K-5), Chapman Elementary (K-5), Chapman Middle School (6-8) , and Chapman High School (9-12).
All Schools received Standards of Excellence Awards. *Chapman High School received the Governor`s Achievement Award twice *Chapman High School received the National Blue Ribbon Schools Award in 2013*Chapman High School FFA-Triple Crown Award Winner in 2012 & 2013* Blue Ridge Elementary is Governors Academic Achievement Award Winner. *Blue Ridge, Enterprise and Rural Center Elementary received the Challenge Award of Recognition. *Students score above state & national average.* Low pupil/teacher ratio. *All-day Kindergarten. *Many state & national recognitions & awards. *All programs fully accredited. *Nationally recognized music/FFA/business programs. *Numerous extra-curricular activities. *Career and Technical Education Classes. * Big Red 1 Adopt-A-School Partnership.
822 N Marshall St Chapman, Kansas