Board Clerk/Business Manager
USD #252 is currently accepting applications for the position of Board Clerk/Business Manager.
Position is open until filled
USD #252 SOUTHERN LYON COUNTY
JOB DESCRIPTION – Board Clerk/Business Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience using various computers- computer programs and Administrative softwares.
- Accounting skills- business management- computer and other related office skills.
- Personality conducive to working with the public- staff- and administration on a daily basis.
- Must possess good spelling- math- typing- and filing skills.
- Health and Inoculation Certificate on file in the central office (after employment offer is made).
- Desire to continue career improvement by enhancing skills and job performance.
REPORTS TO: Superintendent and Board of Education.
- Attend all meetings of the board and keep an accurate journal of the proceedings of the board.
- Prepare electronic agenda and give public notice of meeting five days in advance of each board meeting and after each board meeting- electronically send a copy of minutes to each member of the board- superintendent- principals- district employees and news media.
- Maintain care and custody of the records- books- and documents of the board- responsible for the organization and supervision of district files. Provide for storage- retrieval and disposition of records in accordance with law and board policy.
- Communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with superintendent- principals- students- parents- school district employees and community.
- Inform board members of pertinent information when circumstances require immediate notification.
- Publish all legal notices concerning district business.
- Maintain the policies and administrative rules of the district as adopted by the board and /or approved by the superintendent.
- Maintain financial books and accounts of the district to ensure accurate accounting of receipts and disbursements.
- Have a clear understanding of responsibilities of accounts payable- payroll- and other Central Office business.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely receipt and recording of all district moneys- including cash receipts and journal entries.
- Reconcile all district bank accounts and food service fund on a monthly basis.
- Assure all records are maintained and available to state and independent auditors- working with auditors in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Control investment of idle funds- under guidelines approved by the board and superintendent.
- Ensure financial activities conform to state- federal and district guidelines.
- Utilize accounting software to produce appropriate reports as necessary or when requested.
- Assist superintendent in preparing and filing of various required reports and forms including Budget- Superintendent’s Organizational Report- Local Consolidated Plan- Annual Report 18E- Special Education Transportation Report- etc. Also submits numerous KASB and other surveys throughout the year.
- Process and file 1099 Forms and maintain W-9 records on all vendors.
- Prepare cash receipts and bank deposits for Central Office and ensure that all cash receipts and deposits are properly accounted.
- Place ads for position vacancies in local newspapers when needed and maintain file of applications for district employment. Also places ads for district enrollments and advertisings.
- Maintain file of job descriptions for district employees.
- Prepare paperwork and contracts for new employees- secure new employees’ signatures and presents at following board meeting for board of education approval.
- Prepares salary and supplemental contracts.
- Maintains district insurance coverage including: buildings & grounds- errors & omissions- vehicle- worker’s compensation and handle worker’s compensation and insurance claims.
- Prepare sales tax and unemployment reports and process for payment; upload reports to the state.
- Provide office and clerical support in the publication of district documents- forms- newsletters and assist with the efficient operation of the school district.
- Assist in answering the Central Office telephone and greeting visitors when necessary.
- Process accounts payable checks and prepare for mailing. Maintain files for accounts payable bills and file all bills for district. Answer accounts payable calls from vendors and district buildings regarding invoices and purchase orders. Process the district’s bond payment paperwork and electronic payments.
- Ensure that adequate postage is available in district postage machine. Sort incoming mail and distribute appropriately.
- React to change and frequent interruptions in a professional- productive and positive manner- meeting deadlines as assigned.
- Respond to information requests in a cooperative- courteous- and timely manner.
- Work to implement the vision and mission of the district; observe and follow all school district policies at all times- and support the value of an education.
- Keep student and personnel information and records confidential.
- Prepare purchase orders ensuring that district purchasing procedures/policies are observed at all times; run errands- deliveries- purchase supplies- etc. as needed.
- Ability to keep current on new information- innovative ideas- techniques and new technology software and equipment.
- Ability to implement and follow all district health and safety policies- including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced- intense work environment.
- Ability/willingness to work a daily schedule that could demand an extended workday.
- Coordinate and supervise activities of central office staff and building secretaries.
- Comply with all Grant requirements.
- Successfully pass CPR Training (every two years) and Defensive Drive Training (every three years; if transporting
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as directed by the superintendent and board.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing- and use of equipment including repetitive motions and computer eye fatigue.
- Occasionally requires physical exertion to manually move- lift- carry- pull- or push heavy objects or materials.
- Occasionally requires stooping- bending- and reaching.
- Must occasionally work in noisy and crowded environments- with numerous interruptions.
Term of Employment: 12 Month Contract
Evaluation: Performance effectiveness evaluated in accordance with Board of Education Policy.
Dr. Michael Argabright
Superintendent of Schools
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Southern Lyon County USD 252 www.usd252.org
Southern Lyon County USD #252 consist of 3 locations, including Neosho Rapids where one of our elementary schools is located, Hartford where a 6-12 middle school/high school is located, and Olpe where an elementary, middle school, and high school are located. We are located south and southeast of Emporia.
The purpose of the schools in Southern Lyon County USD 252, is to assure that students have a solid foundation in the basic academic areas.
100 Commercial St. Suite A Hartford/Olpe, Kansas