Position Title: Board Clerk - Superintendent Secretary - Food Service Clerk
Status: 12-month contract – Benefit Eligible
Department: Administrative Center
Reports to: Superintendent and USD 379 Board of Education
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Wage Determination: Determined by qualifications and experience
Summary: The Clerk of the Board provides care and custody of the records, books, and documents of the Board of Education to ensure efficient and lawful operation of the school district. To accomplish these tasks the Clerk of the Board must work closely with the staff and administration of USD 379.
Applications accepted until filled. Please visit www.usd379.org/jobs to apply.
- High School diploma or equivalent with the ability to speak in a clear and articulate manner.
- Knowledge and understanding of general operations and functions of school district`s policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and experience in fund accounting process of the district.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of district budgeting process.
- Extensive experience and ability to perform clerical/secretarial skills in a responsible manner.
- Certification of Health for School Personnel K.S.A. 72-5213
- Current Driver’s License
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide care and custody of the records, books, and documents of the Board of
Education to ensure efficient and lawful operation of the school district.
- Ensure that all activities conform to district guidelines.
- Provide financial account and reporting services to ensure efficient operation of the food service program
- Ensure that all activities conform to district guidelines and National School Lunch Program guidelines
- Communicate effectively with members of the school district and community.
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Support the philosophy and mission of USD 379.
- Adhere to the most recent copy of the Kansas Association of School Boards “Board Clerk’s Handbook.”
- Attend all meetings of the Board of Education and keep an accurate record of proceedings.
- Provide care and custody of the records, books, and documents of the Board of Education.
- Notify Board of Education members of upcoming meetings and provide a copy of the minutes to each member.
- Maintain the Board of Education Policy handbook and notify administrators of any change in Board Policy.
- Responsible for contracts of all district employees.
- Certified/Classified applications, advertisements, and background checks
- Maintain appropriate records and information on all employees.
- Share responsibilities with superintendent completing various reports.
- Assist with numerous surveys/reports (i.e. KASB, State, federal, other school districts, etc.)
- Observe district policies at all times.
- Manage and maintain district job descriptions and online employee records.
- Maintain professional confidentiality in all areas.
- Make monthly district food service claims to KSDE for reimbursement.
- Process free and reduced-price lunch applications for the district.
- Prepare local participation and financial reports for food service director and Board of Education.
- Check and process monthly food service bills for Board of Education approval and payment.
- Maintain an accurate daily record of money received from students and adults.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Other duties as assigned by the superintendent or Board of Education.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Requires prolonged standing, sitting and use of equipment including repetitive motions and computer eye fatigue.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board`s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel and will be done by the Superintendent and/or Director of Special Education.Clay County USD 379
Comprehensive benefit package available upon hire. Based on education and experience. Job Start Date:
December-1-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Brett Nelson - email@example.com - 785-632-3176
Clay County USD 379 www.usd379.org
Clay County Unified School District #379 is a public school district serving the people of Clay County, Kansas, and the surrounding area. USD #379 shall, using all available resources, provide to its students an educational opportunity, which will lead to being productive and contributing members of their community.
USD #379 also provides the mandated special education programs and services to its students as well as those in the Twin Lakes Educational Cooperative. The sole purpose of this agency is to identiy all students who have special education needs and then to provide the necessary programs and services. TLEC serves the schools in the following communities: Clay Center, Wakefield, Linn, Hanover, Miltonvale, Glasco, Riley, Randolph, & Olsburg.
USD #379 schools are close to Manhattan, Salina, and Junction City. The district's website is: www.usd379.org.
The Clay Center community website is: www.cckansas.org
807 Dexter St. Clay Center, Kansas