Building Technology Assistant
Building Technology Assistant
Purpose: The building technology assistant assists licensed staff members and students in the effective use of computer technology in computer labs and also provides on-site support for troubleshooting issues in collaboration with district technology staff.
Reports to: Building Principal and Building Library Media Specialist
Pay Rate: Compensation is based upon education and experience
Terms of Employment: School Year Term
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two years of post secondary education or training preferred.
- Experience with using and maintaining electronic equipment.
- Experience with setting up- installing- troubleshooting- repairing- and cleaning all types
of microcomputer hardware.
- Familiar with Macintosh and Windows environments
- Experience in LAN- WAN- Internet- and Intranet network design.
- Basic understanding of computer networks.
- Experience with the use and maintenance of current operating systems.
- General knowledge of basic technology terminology.
- Experience in working with and supervising groups of children.
- Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors- co-workers- and students.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform responsibilities without necessity of close supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the school district community.
- Ability to meet attendance standards to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to maintain a generally positive attitude.
Functions and Responsibilities:
Universal USD 250 Classified Standards:
- Support the philosophy and mission of USD 250 and the value of education.
- Comply with the privacy rights of students.
- Safeguard confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Communicate pleasantly and effectively with all the members of the school district and community.
- Provide excellence in customer service both internally and externally.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace to insure a safe and efficient working environment.
- Ensure that all activities conform to district- state- and federal guidelines.
- React to change positively and productively.
- Keep abreast of new information- innovative ideas and techniques.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies- including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Install and setup hardware- software and network connections on building computers.
- Troubleshoot and repair computers and re-install software as necessary.
- Assist with troubleshooting building LAN and server problems.
- Serve as building liaison with district technology staff and report unsolved repairs to district technology staff.
- Keep track of supplies and request new parts for computers and printers in the building.
- Monitor software licenses and upgrade needs.
- Maintain an inventory of all technology equipment in the building.
- Assist with training of staff and students in use of computer and software applications.
- Assist staff with routine maintenance of computers such as backup of hard drives and organization of files.
- Troubleshoot and repair audiovisual equipment.
- Advise building technology committee of equipment and software needs.
- Supervise students in the computer lab.
- Supervise computer lab use and class schedule.
- Follows all building policies in the supervision of students.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Level 3 – Medium Work
- Exerting 20 - 50 pounds of force occasionally- and/or up to 10-25 pounds of force frequently- and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
- Extended periods of sitting and/or standing.
- Frequent stooping- bending- and reaching.
- Must be able to adapt to a fast-paced- multi-faceted work environment.
- Requires lifting- moving- carrying- pulling or pushing equipment weighing up to approximately 100 pounds.
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Pittsburg USD 250 www.usd250.org
Unified School District 250 serves the city of Pittsburg, Kansas and the immediate rural area surrounding our community. Over 2,700 students and 500 employees work daily to provide a first-class teaching and learning environment for students pre-kindergarten through the senior year of high school.
Our students are served in four elementary schools, a middle school, a high school, and an alternative education setting. All our facilities have been renovated or newly constructed since 2001 and contain the latest equipment and technology for facilitating student inquiry and learning.
Our staff is well-trained and experienced with about 60% of our teachers having a master’s degree or higher. The average experience level of teachers in the district exceeds 10 years. We are fortunate to be located in the same hometown as Pittsburg State University, providing our students and staff access to excellent educational experiences as well as the cultural and activity enrichment benefits of living near a university environment.
At Pittsburg Community Schools we believe in success for every child. With our family partners we are creating a better future for Pittsburg and its citizens.
Unified School District 250 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its employment procedures, educational programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Destry Brown, Superintendent of Schools, 510 Deill, PO Drawer 75, Pittsburg, KS 66762 (620) 235-3100.
PO Drawer 75
Pittsburg, Kansas Go Back