Purpose: Provide safe- clean and reliable transportation to ensure that students enjoy the full advantage of school programs and activities.
Reports to: Transportation Director
Pay Rate: Based upon prior experience and qualifications
Term of Employment: School year term
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Possess valid CDL license with required documents or be willing to attain after being hired.
- Meet State requirements for Bus Drivers- including Defensive Driving and First Aid Certification or be willing to attain after being hired.
- Successfully complete physical examination for Bus Drivers.
- Experience operating a bus or large transport vehicle.
- Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform responsibilities independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to pleasantly and effectively communicate with the school district community.
- Ability to meet attendance standards to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to maintain a generally positive attitude.
Functions and Responsibilities:
Universal USD 250 Classified Standards:
- Support the philosophy and mission of USD 250 and the value of education.
- Comply with the privacy rights of students.
- Safeguard confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Communicate pleasantly and effectively with all the members of the school district and community.
- Provide excellence in customer service both internally and externally.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace to insure a safe and efficient working environment.
- Ensure that all activities conform to district- state- and federal guidelines.
- React to change positively and productively.
- Keep abreast of new information- innovative ideas and techniques.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies- including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan and Fire Marshall.
Specific Functions and Responsibilities:
- Operate all vehicles and equipment appropriately.
- Abide by all Kansas school transportation regulations- guidelines and state traffic laws.
- Provide safe and orderly transportation to and from school and school related activities for assigned students.
- Follow assigned route and maintain schedule.
- Maintain student discipline on the bus and outside the bus at bus stops.
- Report discipline problems to Transportation Director and follow through according to district policy.
- Inspect bus prior to each route or activity trip- and file inspection forms with the Transportation Director.
- Maintain bus- inside and out- in clean condition according to schedule- and inform the Transportation Director whenever a bus is received in unsatisfactory condition.
- Notify the Transportation Director immediately of lateness or emergency mechanical failure.
- Inform the Transportation Director of routine maintenance and repair required for assigned bus or vehicle.
- Report all accidents and file required accident reports with the Transportation Director.
- Assist mechanic with maintenance and repair as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Transportation Director.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
- Requires physical exertion to manually move- lift- carry- pull- or push heavy objects or
- Requires stooping- kneeling- crawling- bending- turning and reaching.
- Requires climbing and balancing.
- Requires driving skills- including ability to operate vehicle at night.
- Requires lengthy and overnight travel.
- Requires agility necessary to quickly and safely exit driver’s seat and rear emergency door.
- Must work indoors and outdoors year-round.
- Must work in noisy- crowded- stressful environments.
- Must work in and around dust- fumes and odors.
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Pittsburg USD 250 www.usd250.org
Unified School District 250 serves the city of Pittsburg, Kansas and the immediate rural area surrounding our community. Over 2,700 students and 500 employees work daily to provide a first-class teaching and learning environment for students pre-kindergarten through the senior year of high school.
Our students are served in four elementary schools, a middle school, a high school, and an alternative education setting. All our facilities have been renovated or newly constructed since 2001 and contain the latest equipment and technology for facilitating student inquiry and learning.
Our staff is well-trained and experienced with about 60% of our teachers having a master’s degree or higher. The average experience level of teachers in the district exceeds 10 years. We are fortunate to be located in the same hometown as Pittsburg State University, providing our students and staff access to excellent educational experiences as well as the cultural and activity enrichment benefits of living near a university environment.
At Pittsburg Community Schools we believe in success for every child. With our family partners we are creating a better future for Pittsburg and its citizens.
Unified School District 250 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its employment procedures, educational programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Destry Brown, Superintendent of Schools, 510 Deill, PO Drawer 75, Pittsburg, KS 66762 (620) 235-3100.
PO Drawer 75
Pittsburg, Kansas Go Back