USD 506 Labette County
Job Posting for the 2019-2020 School Year
POSITION TITLE: Bus Driver (Daily Route)
Responsible to: Building Principal
Payment Rate: As established by the Board of Education
Position Summary: The Bus Driver provides clean- safe- and reliable transportation to ensure that students enjoy the full advantage of school district programs and activities. To accomplish these tasks the Bus Driver must work closely with the staff and administration of USD 506.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Annual DOT Physical form on file in the central office (after employment offer is made).
- Valid CDL license with required endorsements- including- but not limited to: Passenger and S Endorsement.
- Meet all State requirements for Bus Drivers- including- but not limited to: Defensive Driving- First Aid Certification- Human Trafficking- and CPR.
- Successfully pass pre-employment drug and alcohol tests. (Drugs tested for are marijuana- cocaine- opiates- phencyclidine (PCP)- and amphetamines. Breath alcohol test results must indicate an alcohol concentration less than 0.02.)
- Successfully complete agility and reaction time test.
- Successfully complete behind-the-wheel training.
- At least one year experience in driving some type of motor vehicle (which may be a private automobile)- including experiences throughout each of the four seasons.
- Desire to continue career improvement.
- Provide clean- safe- and reliable transportation to ensure that students enjoy the full advantage of school district programs and activities.
- Ensure that all activities conform to State school transportation guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with members of the school district and community.
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Appropriately operate all vehicles and equipment as necessary.
- Support the value of an education.
- Observe district policies at all times.
- Support the philosophy and mission of USD 506.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
- Requires physical exertion to manually move- lift- carry- pull- or push heavy objects or materials.
- Requires stooping- kneeling- crawling- bending- turning- and reaching.
- Requires climbing and balancing.
- Requires driving skills- including ability to operate vehicle at night.
- Requires lengthy and overnight travel.
- Requires agility necessary to quickly and safely exit driver’s seat- rear emergency door- and/or roof or window escape hatch.
- Must work indoors and outdoors year-round.
- Must work in noisy- crowded- stressful environments.
- Must work in and around dust- fumes- and odors.
- Abide by all Kansas school transportation regulations.
- Provide safe and orderly transportation to and from school and school-related activities.
- Maintain assigned schedule.
- Transport only authorized students.
- Discharge students only at authorized stops.
- Maintain student discipline.
- Abide by all traffic laws.
- Inspect bus prior to each route or activity trip- and file inspection forms with the Transportation Supervisor.
- Maintain bus in clean condition- and inform the Transportation Supervisor whenever a bus is received in unsatisfactory condition.
- Immediately notify the Transportation Supervisor of lateness or emergency mechanical failure.
- Inform the Transportation Supervisor of routine maintenance and repair required.
- Assume responsibility of bringing bus to the bus garage for regular service during the school year.
- Report all accidents and file required accident reports with the Transportation Director.
- Wash and bus on an established schedule.
- Be responsible for keeping the bus serviced with fuel and oil.
- Attend monthly district safety meetings for school bus drivers and other district bus drivers’ meetings as called by the Superintendent.
- Attend building level safety meetings as called by the principal.
- Adhere to district policies at all times.
- Keep abreast of new information- innovative ideas and techniques.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies- including all precautions of the Bloodborne pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Other duties as assigned by the Transportation Supervisor or Administrative Staff.
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
It is the policy of Labette County Unified School District No. 506 to follow employment practices which consider only qualifications of the applicant for a position- without regard to race- color- religion- age- sex- disability- ancestry- or national origin.https://labette.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=284
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Labette County USD 506 www.usd506.org
Labette County USD 506 encompasses 500 square miles of Labette County. The district serves over 1,600 students enrolled in a K-12 system, which is housed in five kindergarten through eighth grade elementary schools and one comprehensive high school serving grades nine through twelve. Administrative offices are located in the Curran Administrative Center, Altamont, KS. The district is a member of the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center and of the Southeast Kansas Interlocal #637. Communities served by the district are Altamont, Angola, Bartlett, Dennis, Edna, Valeda, Labette, Mound Valley, and a large portion of the west side of Parsons. Cities in the immediate area include Parsons, Coffeyville, and Independence. Larger cities nearby include Pittsburg, KS, Joplin, MO, and Bartlesville, OK. Agriculture and agriculture related business are primary sources of income in the district. The communities in the district are served by three area hospitals. Recreation is readily accessible through area golf courses, Big Hill Lake, and Lake Parsons.
P. O. Box 189 Altamont, Kansas