Job Description: Business Manager
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
Must be willing to attend training and be able to meet state and federal deadlines.
Need exceptional computer skills with various accounting programs, Excel, etc.
Knowledge of state and federal school finance and budgeting
Subject to a background check
Reports to: Superintendent and School Board
Salary to be determined by the Board
Objective: To work in conjunction with the Superintendent and School Board as part of the Administrative Team and is responsible for managing the school’s fiscal operations and act as the financial officer of the school.
Evaluation: The School Board will provide an annual evaluation.
• Supervise, maintain, and perform all financial business as directed by Superintendent and the School Board including expenditures, bills, budgeting, investments, accounts payable, insurance, sale of property and site acquisition, and transporting.
• Attends all School Board meetings.
• Do monthly reports to the Board
• Accurately manages Federal Grants (revenue & expenditures) and meets legal timelines.
• Accts as the custodial of all documents, records, and reports
• Preparations of various reports as required by the Superintendent, School Board, and Bureau of Indian Education (BIE)
• Compiles data for and prepares various reports as directed
• Efficiently performs the necessary clerical duties required by the position including but not limited to word processing filing, preparing correspondences, and various agendas, and operates a variety of office machines to include computers.
• Acts as custodian for all monies belonging to the district and maintains maximum financial control to assure that transactions processed by the school board.
• Publishes and posts all legal notices concerning district business, (elections, school board meetings, etc.)
• Maintains a system of internal control for all funds and fund account codes.
• Monitors purchases orders.
• Is responsible for correspondence relating to Board activities.
• Is responsible for the processing of payroll making the necessary deductions for Federal and State tax, FICA, retirement, insurances, annuities, dues cafeteria plans, etc.
• Prepares reports warrants for proper agencies covering all deductions.
• Maintains records covering all deductions.
• Prepares all tax form relating to payroll maters.
• Keeps records of all staff leaves and absences.
• Establishes and maintains personnel records for all staff members.
• Keeps current on all governmental and state statutes and regulations relating to school business.
• Serves as notary public for the business.
• Conducts bidding processes and procedures and effectively responds to bidders’ questions.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Board.
Kickapoo Nation School
health insurance Job Start Date:
July-15-2020Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Kickapoo Nation School
Kickapoo Nation School (KNS) is located in Powhattan, Kansas (near Holton, KS off US 75). KNS serves grades K-12. Being a Tribal/Federal Grant school, KNS serves primarily Native American students in Kansas. KNS practices an open-door policy of admission toward all tribes. North Central Association/AdvancED is the accrediting agency. Excellent team atmosphere with high expectations for students and staff. Employer Address:
400 First Street Powhattan, Kansas