Interested applicants must apply on-line at www.hesstonschools.org. Hover on "District" tab; click on "Employment."
Responsible for training, coaching, and supervising an audition-selected group of cheerleaders for Hesston High School. This role includes, but is not limited to, the following functions:
- Conducting practices
- Teaching and reinforcing fundamental skills and rules, as governed by KSHSAA
- Promoting fair play and proper sportsmanship
- Completing administrative duties
- Taking care of equipment
- Planning coaching sessions
- Transporting the team to away competitions
- Managing/supervising participation in a summer cheer camp
- Motivating and mentoring squad members
- Resolving team issues
- Cooperating with school teachers and administrators
- Communicating with families
Approximately 800 students attend the schools that comprise Hesston USD 460. The district operates three educational buildings, including one elementary school (grades K-4), one middle school (grades 5-8), and one high school (grades 9-12). The transportation area of the district encompasses 60 square miles. Hesston USD 460 takes pride in its reputation of excellence in academic achievement, activities, and athletics.
The USD 460 staff includes approximately 70 licensed personnel (teachers/administrators) and 60 classified employees. Together, we are working to make Hesston Schools a place where all children can learn!
The town of Hesston is located on the I-135 corridor just 30 minutes north of Wichita. Numerous recreation, shopping, and dining options are available in our neat, friendly community.