Coffeyville Comm. College- Residential Electric Instructor
Position Title: Residential Electrical Instructor/Full-time
Organizational Unit: Reports to: Revision Date:
Technical Division Vice President for Innovation November 2019
- Narrative General Description
Technical instructional staff/faculty of Coffeyville Community College are responsible to the Vice President for Innovation & Business Initiatives for instructional and personnel matters and to fulfill the requirements as outlined in the Memorandum of Agreement. The Electrical Instructor is responsible for the safety- security- and operation of the Electrical Technology instructional area and equipment.
- Functional Responsibilities
- Teach courses as assigned by the Vice President for Innovation.
- Coordinate the Electrical Technology curriculum in accordance with College- state and federal policies.
- Oversee the operation of the Electrical Technology classroom and shop area- including security- supplies- maintenance- and supervision of program students.
- Revise and update course materials and content to keep program curriculum current to meet industry standards and credentialing.
- Become familiar with the purpose- procedures- organization- and the function of the program advisory committee. Organize a minimum of two program advisory meetings per year to gather input from industry leaders.
- Work closely with industry leaders to identify job placement opportunities for program completers.
- Provide a syllabus for each course taught and turn in two copies of each syllabus to the Vice President’s office each semester as outlined in the Memorandum of Agreement.
- Develop new courses and program initiatives as assigned.
- Advise and enroll students according to established procedures.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the institutional assessment plan as required for North Central Accreditation.
- Serve on college committees as appointed and attend division meetings.
- Assist recruiting personnel with recruitment activities and to make personal contacts with prospective students.
- Participate in graduate/former student follow-up procedures as required for state and federal reporting.
- Assist in pre-enrollment/enrollment activities as assigned.
- Maintain instructional budget within established policies and budget parameters.
- Attend and participate in commencement exercises in academic attire.
- Maintain an annual inventory of program equipment and supplies.
- Assist with grant activities for program development as needed.
- Meet attendance expectations as required for this position.
- Actively participate in college and community activities.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Innovation.
- Perform duties as outlined in the Memorandum of Agreement.
- Supervises the Following Staff
Part-time students as needed
- Required Knowledge- Skills- and Personal Qualifications
- Proven teaching ability to communicate and demonstrate the necessary electrical skills to all age groups and education levels.
- Ability to pass and obtain a Kansas Journeyman’s License within one year of accepting employment with the college.
- An understanding of the mission and role of the comprehensive community college.
- An understanding of the role of advisory committees for program improvement- student placement- and relevance of skills taught in the program.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Ability to stimulate motivation- confidence- and enthusiasm in all students- traditional and non-traditional.
- Willingness to assist in grant activities for the continued improvement of the program area.
- Interest in student activities that occur outside the classroom and a willingness to participate in and attend college functions.
- Willingness to travel to recruit students for the program area.
- Required Experience
- A minimum of two years teaching experience- preferably in a community college or technical school- or a minimum of five years of hands-on electrical experience.
- Experience in the development and implementation of new courses- programs- and workshops.
- Required Educational Background
A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 18 credit hours in the teaching field is preferred from a regionally accredited institution of higher education recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A Kansas Electrical Journeyman’s license is preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT AND NONDISCRIMINATIONhttps://labette.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=330
The College shall be an equal opportunity employer and shall not discriminate in its employment practices and policies with respect to compensation- terms- conditions- or privileges of employment because of such individual’s race- color- religion- sex- age- disability- or national origin. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department.
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Labette County USD 506 www.usd506.org
Labette County USD 506 encompasses 500 square miles of Labette County. The district serves over 1,600 students enrolled in a K-12 system, which is housed in five kindergarten through eighth grade elementary schools and one comprehensive high school serving grades nine through twelve. Administrative offices are located in the Curran Administrative Center, Altamont, KS. The district is a member of the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center and of the Southeast Kansas Interlocal #637. Communities served by the district are Altamont, Angola, Bartlett, Dennis, Edna, Valeda, Labette, Mound Valley, and a large portion of the west side of Parsons. Cities in the immediate area include Parsons, Coffeyville, and Independence. Larger cities nearby include Pittsburg, KS, Joplin, MO, and Bartlesville, OK. Agriculture and agriculture related business are primary sources of income in the district. The communities in the district are served by three area hospitals. Recreation is readily accessible through area golf courses, Big Hill Lake, and Lake Parsons.
P. O. Box 189 Altamont, Kansas