Daycare Para - Neosho Rapids
USD #252 is searching for Para-educators in Neosho Rapids. The successful candidate must have the ability to assist in developing the personal- social and intellectual development of students and the ability to communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with building principal- students- parents- school district and community. This position supports our Early Childhood and is a 12 month position. Open until filled.
USD #252 SOUTHERN LYON COUNTY
JOB DESCRIPTION – Early Childhood Center Para
(Full-Time/Part-Time/After School Program)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Health and Inoculation Certificate on file in the central office (after employment offer is made).
- Computer and other related office skills.
- Desire to continue career improvement by enhancing skills and job performance.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal- Early Childhood District Coordinator- Early Childhood Instructor- and Daycare Program Director.
- Ability to assist in developing the personal- social and intellectual development of students.
- Ability to assist in establishing a positive learning environment and respond to the individual educational needs of students.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with building principal- students- parents- school district and community.
- Ability to react to change and frequent interruptions in a productive and positive manner and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to work to implement the vision and mission of the district.
- Ability to operate all classroom equipment and technology.
- Ability to assist in the instruction and supervision of students.
- Ability to assist students with remedial work.
- Ability to tutor students as directed.
- Ability to assist with small group instruction.
- Ability to monitor student progress.
- Ability to grade papers and assist with record keeping.
- Ability to prepare instructional materials and supplies for use.
- Ability to attend staff meetings and general staff meetings.
- Ability to assist in the maintenance and inventory of materials.
- Ability to implement and follow all school district policies during all activities.
- Ability to keep current on new information- innovative ideas- techniques and new technology software and equipment.
- Ability to keep student information and records confidential.
- Ability to respond to information requests in a cooperative- courteous- and timely manner.
- Ability to fill in for the office secretary when needed.
- Ability to implement and follow all district health and safety policies- including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Successfully pass CPR Training (every two years) and Defensive Drive Training (every three years; if transporting Students).
- Comply with all Grant requirements.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Requires physical exertion to manually move- lift- carry- pull or push heavy objects or materials; should be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Requires stooping- bending- kneeling- reaching and turning.
- Must occasionally work in noisy and crowded environments with numerous interruptions.
Term of Employment: 9-12 Month At-Will/Contract (EC Para Part-time as assigned- After School Programs as assigned)
Evaluation: Performance effectiveness evaluated in accordance with Board of Education Policy.https://southernlyon.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=1353
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Southern Lyon County USD 252 www.usd252.org
Southern Lyon County USD #252 consist of 3 locations, including Neosho Rapids where one of our elementary schools is located, Hartford where a 6-12 middle school/high school is located, and Olpe where an elementary, middle school, and high school are located. We are located south and southeast of Emporia.
The purpose of the schools in Southern Lyon County USD 252, is to assure that students have a solid foundation in the basic academic areas.
100 Commercial St. Suite A Hartford/Olpe, Kansas