Daycare Program Director
USD 252 Southern Lyon County is currently accepting applications for a Daycare Program Director at Neosho Rapids Elementary for the 2019-2020 school year.
USD #252 SOUTHERN LYON COUNTY
JOB DESCRIPTION – Daycare Program Director
Purpose: The Daycare Program Director supervises the care and nurturing of young children. To accomplish these tasks- the Daycare Program Director works closely with the staff- administration of USD #252- and parents.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Health and Inoculation Certificate on file in the District Office.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Meet KDHE qualifications for a program director.
Responsible to: Principal and Early Childhood District Coordinator
- Be familiar with practices and policies as defined by the supervisor for child care as related to job tasks.
- Attend in-service as required.
- Supervise children and other areas as directed.
- Adhere to the plan of communication outlined for use between child care provider and the on-site supervisor/first responder.
- Attend to the physical and emotional needs of children; meals and snacks as scheduled.
- Prepare materials and supplies for use.
- Obtain materials and resources through processes outlined by the Early Childhood District Coordinator/Principal.
- Maintain necessary records and perform general clerical tasks.
- Communicate effectively with administrators- parents- staff- and community.
- Appropriately operate all equipment related to specific job tasks.
- Attend general staff meetings as required.
- Comply with all Grant requirements.
- Manage- supervise- and secure substitutes in the Daycare Center.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Requires prolonged sitting- standing- or walking.
- Requires physical exertion to manually move- lift- carry- pull- or push objects- materials- and young children.
- Requires stooping- kneeling- crawling- bending- turning- and reaching.
- Requires balancing.
- Must work indoors and outdoors year-round.
- Must work in noisy and crowded environments.
- Support and facilitate the mission and vision of USD #252 Public Schools.
- Maintain documentation relative to program requirements.
- Prepare and file required reports.
- Stay abreast of new technologies to facilitate and support data management and communication.
- Be prepared to implement the Building Crisis Plan; actively participate in response drills.
- Uphold and enforce board policy- administrative procedures- and school rules/regulations including but not limited to:
- Acceptable use of technology
- Sexual and racial harassment
- Child abuse reporting
- Health and safety including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan
- Interact with students- parents- and staff in a professional manner demonstrating tolerance of individual differences- patience- and sensitivity.
- Demonstrate professionalism through appropriate work habits- including regular and punctual attendance; accurate recordkeeping and timely submission of required reports.
- Respect the confidentiality of records and information regarding students- parents- and teachers in accordance with accepted professional ethics- and state and federal laws.
- Assist in ensuring high standards of health and safety and maintain safe and well-organized a work space.
- Respond to change in a productive manner.
- Strive to communicate the positive aspects of our school program to the public in word and deed.
- Ability/willingness to work a daily schedule that could demand an extended workday.
- Successfully pass CPR Training (every two years) and Defensive Drive Training (every three years; if transporting Students).
- Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
- Plan- manage- and assist professional development for Daycare staff. Ensure all Daycare staff meet licensure requirements.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Requires physical exertion to manually move- lift- carry- pull or push heavy objects or materials; should be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Requires stooping- bending- kneeling- reaching and turning.
- Must occasionally work in noisy and crowded environments with numerous interruptions.
Term of Employment: 12-month contract- salary to be established by the Board.
Evaluation: Performance effectiveness evaluated in accordance with Board of Education Policy.
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Southern Lyon County USD 252 www.usd252.org
Southern Lyon County USD #252 consist of 3 locations, including Neosho Rapids where one of our elementary schools is located, Hartford where a 6-12 middle school/high school is located, and Olpe where an elementary, middle school, and high school are located. We are located south and southeast of Emporia.
The purpose of the schools in Southern Lyon County USD 252, is to assure that students have a solid foundation in the basic academic areas.
100 Commercial St. Suite A Hartford/Olpe, Kansas