Director of Administrative Services
Greenbush - The Southeast Kansas Education Service Center is seeking applications for a Director of Administrative Services.
Anticipated start date: July 1, 2020. Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Summary: The Director of Administrative Services will work with individuals and school districts to develop, facilitate, and deliver professional learning for school and district administrators and administrative teams as well as support long-range planning and back end management functions for Kansas school districts.
- Must hold a current Kansas School Administrator License
- Previous experience in building level leadership required
- Previous experience in district level leadership preferred
- Demonstrated ability to implement best practice and the motivation to set and achieve high performance levels
- Desire to continue career improvement by enhancing job skills and performance
- Demonstrated ability in effective presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with stakeholders in multiple school districts
- Ability to develop, plan, and facilitate professional learning opportunities for school building and district level administrators
- Ability to collaborate with KSDE, KASB, United School Administrators, and other state organizations to provide leadership support to Kansas school districts
- Ability to work with district leaders on budget development, management, and review
- Ability to develop and manage business partnerships to support school districts
- Ability to develop and deliver professional learning opportunities for classified level managers and directors
- Ability to establish programs and service to expand administrative offerings to Kansas School Districts
- Ability to facilitate long range strategic planning, goal setting, and superintendent/board workshops with multiple school districts
- Ability to provide mentoring support for new administrators at the building and district level
- Ability to effectively communicate with key stakeholders in written and verbal form
- Ability to report on the status of program delivery and services at the request of superintendents, the associate executive director, or executive director
- Ability to support school district leaders in school redesign, innovation, and accreditation
- Ability to support the mission of the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center.
- Ability to perform other duties as may be assigned by the Associate Executive Director or Executive Director
- Must support the Service Center mission, goals, and objectives.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to produce excellent work as requested by the executive team.
- Must assume responsibility for individual professional growth by staying current with literature, research, and/or practices.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to effectively and regularly communicate with Service Center employees and constituents.
- Must complete all assignments in a time-sensitive manner as determined by Supervisor.
- Must meet all safety requirements as directed by the Service Center.
- Must perform other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director or designee
Greenbush ESC # 609
- Manages all job duties with mobility, agility, and dexterity.
- Requires long periods of siting and standing.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 40 pounds.
- Work in a noisy environment with many interruptions
- Must occasionally work in noisy and crowded environments, with numerous interruptions.
- Must travel frequently in personal car or service center vehicle in order to complete assigned tasks
- Occasional overnight travel.
Excellent benefit package: Supporting employees and their families is important to Greenbush. We provide access to exceptional Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance options for all employees who work 20 hours or more a week. Additionally, Greenbush participates in the Kansas Public Retirement System (KPERS) and provides excellent 403B plan options. Greenbush contributes to each and every employees retirement plan by matching up to $90 a month for any Greenbush employee that contributes to one of the 403B plans. Employees also can participate in flex spending accounts and salary protection programs. All employees are provided with sick days, personal leave, and holidays subject to the length of their contract. Equal Opportunity Employer Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Job Start Date:
July-1-2020Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Bart Swartz - email@example.com - 785.690.7081
Greenbush ESC # 609 www.greenbush.org
Ensuring Equal Educational Opportunities for Everyone!
With more than 500 employees, the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center— Greenbush offers programs to school districts that are otherwise unavailable, unaffordable, or just more effective and efficient through a cooperative effort. At the core of every Greenbush service is the uncompromising belief that every learner, regardless of age or geographic location, deserves equal educational opportunities.
When working for Greenbush, you could potentially be working anywhere in the state of Kansas. We have more than 80 locations, with the main offices located in Girard, Lawrence, and Topeka. Our programs reach far beyond these locations allowing us to offer a variety of services that include, but are not limited to:
· Hands-on learning labs at the Abernathy Science Education Center
· Providing professional development
· Team-building at the Challenge Ropes Course
· Experiential learning at the Camp and Retreat Center
· Helping learners receive their diploma or credit recovery via virtual and online learning
· Assisting Special Education agencies to access reimbursement for school provided health services
· Specialized learning through Special Day Schools
· Parents as Teachers
· Vision/Hearing and Tele-Therapy services
· Migrant Education
· Infant Toddler Services
· Administrative Services
· Cooperative Purchasing
· Custodial and Transportation services
Greenbush employees are as unique as their programs and enjoy a variety of opportunities. They are supported with competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a shared belief in supporting schools across the state. Visit our website at www.greenbush.org for more information of all Greenbush programs and services!Employer Address:
947 W. 47 Hwy Girard, Kansas