District- Athletic Director (Fall & Spring Sport Seasons)
USD 506 Labette County
Job Posting for the 2019-20 School Year
POSITION TITLE: Athletic Director
SALARY RANGE: Full Time Teacher Contract as per the Negotiated Agreement available online at http://www.usd506.org/vnews/display.v/SEC/Faculty%20%26%20Staff%7CNegotiated%20Agreement
CONTRACT LENGTH: Initial contract shall be for the 2019-20 school year
POSITION SUMMARY: The Athletic Director coordinates and manages the athletic-related functions for the high school- including planning- organizing- and managing the employees and coaches within the Athletics Department.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Building Principal
- Develop and implement specific athletic programs; direct and coordinate a full range of
athletic department services and programs. Ensure compliance with KSHAA (Kansas State High School Activities Association) regulations and appropriate correspondence.
- Provide athlete and coach orientation- conditioning- and athletics training programs.
- Advise other school personnel in planning programs and services for student athletes and athletic activities.
- Supervise utilization of the athletic facilities; coordinate athletic uses of training and weight room facilities; recommend and review policies for student and community use of facilities at the school; review and recommend changes- repairs and improvement of athletic equipment and facilities.
- Arrange for athletic events
- Oversee the production of the Athletic Handbook- bulletins- and other publications.
- Coordinate master athletic calendars.
- Assist in the design and development of the athletic department’s use of social media sites.
- Maintain district website & social media sites and review data entered by coaching staff to ensure current and accurate information is posted.
- Monitor eligibility between the Guidance Department- teachers- athletes- and coaches for all athletic programs.
- Review necessary eligibility forms.
- Assist the coaches and athletes with regards to compliance of KSHAA codes regarding roster- eligibility- pictures- etc.
- Distribute KSHAA calendar of due dates to all athletic coaching staff. Monitor due dates and send reminders to all coaching staff. Follow up to assure all due dates have been met.
- Oversee the coordination of district vehicles for athletics travel- insurance claim processing- and concession procedures.
- Develop and provide a variety of student services and programs such as academic tracking and athletic eligibility- health and safety.
- Assist with hiring of coaching staff; forward recommendations of hire to the Building Principal and Human Resources. Approve payroll work authorizations for all department staff.
- Schedule Referees for games.
- Make recommendations in matters of student athlete discipline.
- Advise students in eligibility and academic issues.
- Develop annual athletics department budget; review and control expenditures from athletics accounts.
- Provide leadership for Booster and other athletics club fundraising activities.
- Assist the Booster President with the delivery of Booster benefits (apparel- recreation passes- and plaques).
- Provide for clear and purposeful student evaluation as the basis for instruction and reporting progress.
- Attend all athletic home events/competitions and act as the game administrator- or be responsible for delegating a game administrator.
- Serve as liaison with community- state and conference organizations related to athletics.
USD 506 values professionalism in its employees. The following attributes and behaviors are identified as examples of what is expected of an employee:
- Display empathy and positive regard for others in written- verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Work effectively with colleagues and students by practicing punctuality- respect for deadlines- collaborative problem solving- and honest communication.
- Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity- courtesy- and responsibility- even in the face of stress or demanding workplace conditions.
- Maintain proficiency as needed by attending trainings- reading job-related materials- and meeting with others in area of responsibility.
- Dress appropriately for a workplace with frequent customer service interaction and community outreach.
- Meet all required standards of confidentiality and safety. Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Must hold a valid Kansas school teaching license for Physical Education- Grades K-12; or qualify for and receive the initial teaching license1 at the appropriate grade level and/or in the assigned subject matter.
- Be flexible- positive- and proactive in the ability to manage multiple assignments.
- The ability to effectively communicate (verbally- electronically and in writing) with students- faculty- administration- and parents.
Applications are available online at https://www.usd506.org. The completed application packet should include a completed application- letter of interest- resume- and proof of teacher certification or documentation of eligibility for a restricted teaching license1.
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
1The restricted teaching license is an alternative pathway that is intended to respond to school districts’ needs in hiring qualified- licensed teachers. It is designed to recruit mid-career professionals who have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a content area they want to teach and who are seeking a career change. This pathway provides an opportunity for these individuals to have immediate access to start teaching under the restricted license while completing professional education pedagogy course work to become fully licensed. Information at http://www.ksde.org/Default.aspx?tabid=320
It is the policy of Labette County Unified School District No. 506 to follow employment practices which consider only qualifications of the applicant for a position- without regard to race- color- religion- age- sex- disability- ancestry- or national origin.https://labette.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=317
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Labette County USD 506 www.usd506.org
Labette County USD 506 encompasses 500 square miles of Labette County. The district serves over 1,600 students enrolled in a K-12 system, which is housed in five kindergarten through eighth grade elementary schools and one comprehensive high school serving grades nine through twelve. Administrative offices are located in the Curran Administrative Center, Altamont, KS. The district is a member of the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center and of the Southeast Kansas Interlocal #637. Communities served by the district are Altamont, Angola, Bartlett, Dennis, Edna, Valeda, Labette, Mound Valley, and a large portion of the west side of Parsons. Cities in the immediate area include Parsons, Coffeyville, and Independence. Larger cities nearby include Pittsburg, KS, Joplin, MO, and Bartlesville, OK. Agriculture and agriculture related business are primary sources of income in the district. The communities in the district are served by three area hospitals. Recreation is readily accessible through area golf courses, Big Hill Lake, and Lake Parsons.
P. O. Box 189 Altamont, Kansas