EGS- Title I Para
USD 506 Labette County
Job Posting for the 2019-20 School Year
POSITION TITLE: Title I Para
SCHOOL: Edna Grade School
SALARY RANGE: As established by the Board of Education
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Building Principal
CONTRACT LENGTH: Initial contract shall be for the 2019-20 school year
POSITION SUMMARY: The para-professional assists the instructor in creating a positive learning environment to facilitate the personal- social- and intellectual development of students. To accomplish these tasks- the Classroom Para-Professional works closely with the staff and administration of USD 506.
- Assist in facilitating the personal- social- and intellectual development of students.
- Assist in establishing a positive learning environment- and respond to the individual needs of students.
- Ensure that all activities conform to district guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with members of the school district and community.
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Appropriately operate all classroom equipment.
- Support the value of an education.
- Support the philosophy and mission of USD 506.
- Assist in the instruction and supervision of students as directed- including but not limited to the following:
- Small group instruction
- Whole class (if para is a certified teacher)
- Monitor student progress as directed.
- Grade papers and assist with record keeping as directed.
- Prepare instructional materials and supplies for use as directed.
- Attend staffings and general staff meetings as directed and assist with planning of specific individual instruction.
- Assist in the maintenance and inventory of materials.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- See that district polices are observed during all activities.
- Keep abreast of new information- innovative ideas- and techniques.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies- including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Other duties as assigned by the Instructor- Principal- or other Administrative Staff.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
- Occasionally requires physical exertion to manually move- lift- carry- pull- or push heavy objects or materials.
- Occasional stooping- bending- and reaching.
- Must work indoors and outdoors year-round.
- Must work in noisy and crowded environments.
- Must have completed two years of study at an institution of higher education; Obtained an Associate’s (or higher) degree; OR be able to demonstrate- through a formal State or local academic assessment- knowledge of and the ability to assist in instructing reading- writing- and mathematics.
- Be flexible- positive- and proactive in the ability to manage multiple assignments.
- The ability to effectively communicate (verbally- electronically and in writing) with students- faculty- administration- and parents.
- Health and Inoculation Certificate on file in the District Office (after employment offer is made).
- Desire to continue career improvement.
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
It is the policy of Labette County Unified School District No. 506 to follow employment practices which consider only qualifications of the applicant for a position- without regard to race- color- religion- age- sex- disability- ancestry- or national origin.https://labette.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=318
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Labette County USD 506 www.usd506.org
Labette County USD 506 encompasses 500 square miles of Labette County. The district serves over 1,600 students enrolled in a K-12 system, which is housed in five kindergarten through eighth grade elementary schools and one comprehensive high school serving grades nine through twelve. Administrative offices are located in the Curran Administrative Center, Altamont, KS. The district is a member of the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center and of the Southeast Kansas Interlocal #637. Communities served by the district are Altamont, Angola, Bartlett, Dennis, Edna, Valeda, Labette, Mound Valley, and a large portion of the west side of Parsons. Cities in the immediate area include Parsons, Coffeyville, and Independence. Larger cities nearby include Pittsburg, KS, Joplin, MO, and Bartlesville, OK. Agriculture and agriculture related business are primary sources of income in the district. The communities in the district are served by three area hospitals. Recreation is readily accessible through area golf courses, Big Hill Lake, and Lake Parsons.
P. O. Box 189 Altamont, Kansas