Reno County Education Cooperative #610 is accepting applications for an early childhood special education teacher at the Early Education Center in Hutchinson. The Early Education Center provides preschool services to students in all six Reno County school districts. The Early Education Center provides preschool services as well as specialized instruction to children ages 3-5 in a 50/50 center-based setting as well as in community preschools. The current opening is for a teacher in the center-based preschool classroom located in the Early Education Center.
KSDE licensure with appropriate endorsement in Early Childhood Unified or Early Childhood Handicapped is required. Applicants eligible to teach special education with a waiver will be considered. New graduates and experienced applicants encouraged to apply.
The special education teacher provides students with a program that will enable them to reach their fullest physical, emotional, psychological and behavioral potential. The job requires significant self-discipline, internal motivation and sound judgment.
The special education teacher performs the following essential job functions:
1. Uses effective instructional techniques to stimulate student learning.
2. Uses appropriate materials, media and technology.
3. Oversees an efficient instructional environment.
4. Ensures high academic learning time and student involvement.
5. Oversees a classroom that is conducive to teaching and learning.
6. Demonstrates a pleasant and positive instructional style.
7. Oversees effective and efficient student learning.
8. Provides students with learning experiences that are developmentally appropriate.
9. Builds positive school/community interpersonal relations.
10. Conscientiously implements all compliance requirements.
11. Demonstrates leadership in the school.
12. Participates in ongoing professional development.
Complete the online application here on the kansasteachingjobs website and submit to us.
The following documents are also needed for your application to be considered complete and eligible to advance through the screening/interview/hiring process.
If you are unable to attach these items, you may email them to email@example.com, fax them to 620-663-1275 or mail them to Director of Special Education, Reno County Education Cooperative, 2500 E 30th Ave, Hutchinson, KS 67502. Please call Lena at 620-663-7178 should you have additional questions about the application process.
A more complete job description for the position is available upon request.
Reno County Education Cooperative (RCEC) is a progressive, team oriented interlocal providing special education services to students in the school districts of Buhler, Nickerson-South Hutchinson, Haven, Fairfield and Pretty Prairie. The RCEC office is located in Hutchinson, Kansas which is in the south-central part of the state. RCEC serves students from birth to 21 by providing both direct and indirect educational services. RCEC offers a continuum of educational services and partners with other school districts for early childhood programming and alternative education. RCEC employs over 250 licensed staff and paraeducators. RCEC offers competitive salaries and health benefits, tuition reimbursement for qualified applicants, and district-sponsored professional development.