Early Childhood Special Educator- Infant Toddler Services
The Early Childhood Special Education Teacher in the Three Lakes Educational Infant toddler Services program serves eligible infants and toddlers and their families in home and community-based settings. The ECSE teacher engages in evaluation- program planning-caregiver coaching-and team collaboration in order to work toward family-identified outcomes for each child- taking particular team leadership in cognitive development- behavior management- social/emotional development and the development of routines.
Three Lakes Educational Cooperative Infant Toddler Services is a local tiny-K network for the State of Kansas serving the school districts of USD 287-West Franklin, USD 420-Osage City, USD 421-Lyndon, USD 434-Santa Fe Trail, USD 454-Burlingame, and USD 456-MdCV.
PRIMARY TASKS & DUTIES
- Work as a transdisciplinary team member to collaboratively serve eligible infants and toddlers
- Participate in team evaluations to determine the eligibility of referred children
- Participate in team assessment to determine the functional developmental strengths/challenges of eligible children
- Work together with families and other team members to develop appropriate Individualized Family Service Plans (IFSPs)based upon family-identified priorities
- Deliver ongoing home and community based intervention based upon the IFSP utilizing a coaching model of caregiver support
- Provide and seek coaching and consultation to team members in the service of all children in the program
- Complete appropriate documentation for accountability and communication with other providers
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ KEY COMPETENCIES
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through written and spoken language
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members of other disciplines (e.g. SLP- OT- PT- SW- Nurse- Interpreter)
- Ability to work in partnership with parents/family members
- Ability to apply new skills/information to existing practices
- Ability to manage time efficiently to encompass activities in and out of the office
- Ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a variety of home and community settings including the ability to ascend/descend stairs
- Ability to work comfortably in a variety of positions including seated on the floor
- Ability to carry or pull materials/equipment up to 20 lbs. a distance of up to 100 yds.
To apply for this position, please complete the Certified Application available on our Three Lakes Cooperative website at the following link: https://threelakes.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Per contract year:
--Paid Single Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health Insurance Policy
--6 Paid Sick Leave Days
--6 Paid Discretionary Leave Days
--Paid Funeral Leave
--Optional Section 125 Salary Reduction Plan
--Various 403b options also available
The salary for this position is based upon degree earned, hours earned beyond the degree, and years of service to the profession. Job Start Date:
August-1-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Kathy Tyson - firstname.lastname@example.org - 785-828-3113
Three Lakes Educational Cooperative USD 620 www.three-lakes.org
Three Lakes Educational Cooperative - Interlocal #620 provides comprehensive special education services to all eligible children from birth to 21 years of age in six school districts in Osage and Western Franklin Counties in Kansas. School districts served include: USD 287-West Franklin; USD 420-Osage City; USD 421-Lyndon; USD 434-Santa Fe Trail ; USD 454-Burlingame; and USD 456-Marais des Cygnes Valley. We employ related service staff who provide physical, occupational, speech and language therapies, as well as, early childhood development services.
Three Lakes Educational Cooperative has a solid reputation for excellence in the field of special education. Each district we serve takes pride in meeting the needs of their students and we help them achieve that goal by providing the best special education teachers and related service staff. Our Cooperative serves rural communities where the people are friendly and they enjoy a relaxed life style. Our schools are in close proximity to US-75 Highway and Interstate Highways 35 and 70 which makes Topeka, Lawrence, Emporia, Kansas City, and Wichita within easy driving distance.
1318 Topeka Ave., PO Box 627 Lyndon, Kansas