Early Interventionist-Registered Nurse
Greenbush-The Southeast Kansas Education Service Center- Birth to Three Program is seeking applications for an Early Interventionist-Registered Nurse.
Anticipated start date: February 1, 2019. This position will remain open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Summary: The Early Interventionist will serve on a transdisciplinary team for families enrolled in the Infant Toddler Program. Early Interventionist will provide comprehensive and integrated support as outlined in the Part C Program Manual for Infants and Toddlers in Kansas.
1. Minimum of Kansas licensure or certification within discipline.
2. Valid Kansas driver’s license.
- Experience in a special education setting and working with infants and toddlers.
- Screen and/or evaluate the developmental skills of children referred to the Infant Toddler program. Evaluations will be completed following all Part C requirements.
- Provide direct services and consultation services to families in the program. All services will be provided in the child`s home or other natural setting.
- Collaborate with other team members in gathering and sharing evaluation information and in planning for the service needs of families enrolled in the program. First priority will be given to goals set by the families.
- Develop and implement an Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) for each child in the program. The plan will be the guidance provided by Kansas Infant Toddler services up to transition to Part B.
- Assist families with family related needs such as making appointments, educational opportunities, finding appropriate housing, assisting with employment opportunities and occasionally accompanying families to medical services.
- Assist in recruiting families to the program through collaboration with community partners.
- Provide services following the Mission and Key Principles outlined by Kansas Infant Toddler Services.
- Demonstrate knowledge and implementation of current research based practices in the field of early intervention.
- Maintain timely documentation.
- Support the mission, goals and objectives of the SEKESC.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Maintain strict confidentiality as outlined by FERPA and HIPAA.
- Ability to work alone and in groups to provide services.
- Maintain professional relationships with families.
- Assume responsibility for individual professional growth by staying current with literature, research, and/or practices
- Demonstrate proficiency in ability to effectively and regularly communicate with other employees of the SEKESC and constituents.
- Complete all assignments in a timely manner including communication with other staff and families.
- Follow all safety requirements as directed by the SEKESC.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or designee
Greenbush ESC # 609
- Manages all job duties with mobility, agility, and dexterity.
- May be expected to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to drive in varying weather and geographical conditions.
- Must be able to drive to and from home visits and access homes of each family in various indoor and outdoor conditions.
- May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases.
- May be exposed to work settings that offer a risk to personal security.
Excellent benefit package: Supporting employees and their families is important to Greenbush. We provide access to exceptional Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance options for all employees who work 20 hours or more a week. Additionally, Greenbush participates in the Kansas Public Retirement System (KPERS) and provides excellent 403B plan options. Greenbush contributes to each and every employees retirement plan by matching up to $75 a month for any Greenbush employee that contributes to one of the 403B plans. Employees also can participate in flex spending accounts and salary protection programs. All employees are provided with sick days, personal leave, and holidays subject to the length of their contract. Equal Opportunity Employer Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Job Start Date:
February-1-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Monica Murnan - email@example.com -
Greenbush ESC # 609 www.greenbush.org
Ensuring Equal Educational Opportunities for Everyone!
With more than 500 employees, the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center— Greenbush offers programs to school districts that are otherwise unavailable, unaffordable, or just more effective and efficient through a cooperative effort. At the core of every Greenbush service is the uncompromising belief that every learner, regardless of age or geographic location, deserves equal educational opportunities.
When working for Greenbush, you could potentially be working anywhere in the state of Kansas. We have more than 80 locations, with the main offices located in Girard, Lawrence, and Topeka. Our programs reach far beyond these locations allowing us to offer a variety of services that include, but are not limited to:
· Hands-on learning labs at the Abernathy Science Education Center
· Providing professional development
· Team-building at the Challenge Ropes Course
· Experiential learning at the Camp and Retreat Center
· Helping learners receive their diploma or credit recovery via virtual and online learning
· Assisting Special Education agencies to access reimbursement for school provided health services
· Specialized learning through Special Day Schools
· Parents as Teachers
· Vision/Hearing and Tele-Therapy services
· Migrant Education
· Infant Toddler Services
· Administrative Services
· Cooperative Purchasing
· Custodial and Transportation services
Greenbush employees are as unique as their programs and enjoy a variety of opportunities. They are supported with competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a shared belief in supporting schools across the state. Visit our website at www.greenbush.org for more information of all Greenbush programs and services!Employer Address:
947 W. 47 Hwy Girard, Kansas