1. Valid teacher’s certificate
2. Experience or area of concentration in Pervasive Developmental Disorders, including Autism
3. Minimum of two years experience in the field of education,
4. Including experience as a classroom instructor or comparable experience
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education
JOB GOAL: To help students toward the fulfillment of their intellectual, emotional, and psychological potential.
1. Directly case-manage a small number of students with autism (e.g., 3-4) across preschool and elementary school sites, providing direct instruction as well as
2. Overseeing instruction provided those students by other educators.
3. Provide training and consultation to the other educational team members who assist in carrying out goals for those students whom the teacher case-manages.
4. Be knowledgeable and eclectic about using an array of educational approaches (e.g., discrete-trail training, incidental learning, scripted social language, etc…) in helping students with a variety of learning characteristics attain their educational goals.
5. Continually use functional behavioral assessment and other problem-solving approaches to help understand maladaptive behavioral characteristics and proactively address them.
6. Be knowledgeable about motivation issues for students with autism and utilize a variety of individualized motivation systems to increase compliance, in accordance with established behavioral and educational principles.
7. Use an understanding of developmental theory to create highly individualized curricula and materials for learners who may have unusual scatter and gaps in their developmental progression.
8. Create a variety of objective assessment schemes with which student progress may be monitored and programming evaluated and modified as necessary.
9. Serve as a consultant for educational teams, which have children with similar learning characteristics, assisting them in developing an understanding of the needs of these learners and assisting them in implementing effective educational strategies.
10. Remain current with the literature on students with autism, and draw upon that knowledge to effect programming changes for students who will benefit from an evolving understanding in this field of education.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Performance of job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of teachers.
Manhattan-Ogden USD 383
We are redirecting you to apply for the Certified position at www.usd383.org. Follow the link to Employment & Services, Employment Opportunities. (E.O.E.)