Elementary Childhood Special Education Teacher - USD 383
Valid teacher’s certificate and endorsement in the area of application or assignment.
JOB GOAL: To lead and direct students toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual,
emotional, and psychological growth and maturation.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by the District.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Guides students in maintaining acceptable standards of classroom behavior.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or students group involved.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the District’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Evaluates students progress on a continuing basis and reports at designated times.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and Board policy.
- Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for educationally related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Attends and participates in staff, curricular, and faculty meetings.
- Participates in district and building in-service activities.
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
- Assists in the selections of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Accepts a share of responsibility for co-curricular activities as assigned.
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relations with others.
- Provides for his/her own professional growth through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Placed on Salary Schedule. Benefits includes Health Insurance and 403b Employer Contribution.Manhattan-Ogden USD 383
(Fringe Benefits: Health Insurance, 403b Plan, Paid personal & sick leave, Short-term Disability) Placed on Salary Schedule Job Start Date:
August-7-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
0000 0000 - firstname.lastname@example.org - 0000
Manhattan-Ogden USD 383 www.usd383.org/manhattan-ogden
We are redirecting you to apply for the Certified position at www.usd383.org. Follow the link to Employment & Services, Employment Opportunities. (E.O.E.)Employer Address:
2031 Poyntz Ave Manhattan, Kansas