Elementary Classroom Aide
Classroom Aide Job Description
Purpose: The Classroom Aide assists the instructor in creating a positive learning environment to facilitate the personal- social- and intellectual development of students. To accomplish these tasks- the Classroom Aide works closely with the staff and administration of the district.
Responsible to: Classroom Teacher
Payment rate: According to Classified Salary Schedule
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Health and Inoculation Certificate on file in the central office (after employment offer is made).
- Desire to continue career improvement by enhancing skills and job performance.
- Ability to assist in developing the personal- social- and intellectual development of students.
- Ability to assist in establishing a positive learning environment- and respond to the individual educational needs of students.
- Ability to ensure all activities conforms to district guidelines.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with members of the school district and community.
- Ability to react to change and frequent interruptions in a productive and positive manner- and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to operate all classroom equipment.
- Ability to work to implement the vision and mission of the district.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Must work in noisy and crowded environments- with numerous interruptions.
- Requires stooping- bending- kneeling- reaching- and turning.
- Ability to assist in the instruction and supervision of students.
- Ability to assist students with remedial work.
- Ability to tutor students as directed.
- Ability to assist with small group instruction.
- Ability to monitor student progress.
- Ability to grade papers and assist with record keeping.
- Ability to prepare instructional materials and supplies for use.
- Ability to attend staff meetings and general staff meetings.
- Ability to assist in the maintenance and inventory of materials.
- Ability to work effectively with students- teachers- parents- community agencies- and other groups.
- Ability to implement and follow all school district policies during all activities.
- Ability to keep current on new information- innovative ideas and techniques.
- Ability to keep student information and records confidential.
- Ability to respond to information requests in a cooperative- courteous- and timely manner.
- Ability to implement and follow all district health and safety policies- including all precautions of the Blood borne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Ability to perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as assigned by the instructor- principal- or other administrative staff.
Term of Employment: At will.
Evaluation: Performance effectiveness will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of Board of Education Policy.https://atchisoncty.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=172
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Atchison County USD 377 www.usd377.org
Atchison County Community Schools is located in northeast Kansas. The District includes the rural areas of Atchison County. It is comprised of an Elementary School and a Junior-Senior High School. The district is a 2A school located in Effingham, Kansas has a average enrollment of 500 students.
Apply online here:
306 Main Street Effingham, Kansas