Purpose: The Classroom Instructor creates a positive learning environment to facilitate the personal, social, and intellectual development of students. In order to respond to the individual needs and abilities of students, the Classroom Instructor must work closely with other staff, and administration of the District.
Responsible to: Principal
Payment rate: According to negotiated agreement
1. Bachelors Degree from an accredited college/university.
2. Current Kansas State Teaching Certificate on file in the Central Office.
3. Health and Inoculation Certificate on file in the Central Office (after employment offer is made).
4. Desire to continue career improvement by enhancing skills and job performance.
1. Ability to facilitate the personal, social, and intellectual development of students.
2. Ability to establish a positive learning environment and respond to the individual educational needs of students.
3. Ability to ensure all activities conform to District guidelines.
4. Ability to communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with members of the school district and community.
5. Ability to react to change in an instructional and productive manner, and handle other tasks as assigned.
6. Ability to be mobile in the classroom.
7. Ability to monitor student achievement and teacher (self) effectiveness, and make changes in instruction techniques to improve student achievement.
8. Ability to work to implement the vision and mission of the District.
9. Ability to work with technology/computer systems.
10. Ability to supervise, direct, motivate, and correct employees’ job performance.
11. Ability to model commitment and dedication to work.
12. Ability to work independently and without supervision, and complete work in an efficient manner.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
1. Must occasionally work in noisy and crowded environments, with numerous interruptions.
2. Must have physical stamina to maintain job responsibilities.
3. Requires occasional stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and turning.
1. Ability to plan and implement effective lessons, using time, materials and resources effectively, maintaining current curriculum and instructional practices.
2. Ability to motivate students through effective communication and evaluative feedback.
3. Ability to display a thorough knowledge of curriculum and subject matter.
4. Ability to demonstrate awareness of the needs of students and provide for individual differences.
5. Ability to set high expectations for student achievement and behavior.
6. Ability to model appropriate speech, dress, behavior, etc.
7. Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships with others.
8. Ability to establish and maintain a positive climate for learning through appropriate classroom management.
9. Ability to coordinate and supervise field trips.
10. Ability to assist with the activities of student organizations.
11. Ability to attend and assist when necessary with school events such as musical programs, athletics, student recognition ceremonies, graduation, and open house, as negotiated.
12. Ability to observe and follow all school district policies during all activities.
13. Ability to keep student, personnel information and records confidential.
14. Ability to obtain advance approval of the Principal for all outside activities and expenditure according to the current budget.
15. Ability to assess students using multi-level assessment instruments.
16. Ability to substantiate assessments by effective record-keeping.
17. Ability to implement and follow all District health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
18. Ability to perform other professionally related duties and assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Principal or Assistant Principal.
Term of Assignment: Academic year plus other days as assigned.
Evaluation: Performance effectiveness evaluated in accordance with provisions of Kansas Statutes and Board of Education Policy.
For more information on Turner follow the link below: