USD 252 Southern Lyon County is currently accepting applications for an Elementary Principal to serve both Neosho Rapids Elementary and Olpe Elementary. Will also serve as Title Coordinator and PK Director. 12-month contract with benefits. Open until filled.
USD #252 SOUTHERN LYON COUNTY
JOB DESCRIPTION – Principal
Reports to: Superintendent
Supervises: All building certified teaching staff and staff as assigned
Purpose and Objectives of the Position: To use leadership- supervisory and administrative skills to promote the educational development of the individual student and- through that development- student achievement that ensures school accreditation. The degree of freedom to act is significant- as many decisions will be made using administrative discretion with district policy serving only as a guide- not a blueprint for action.
Essential Job Functions:
- The principal oversees safe and orderly schools.
- Implements effective procedures for ensuring a safe and orderly learning environment.
- Takes appropriate action when students exhibit emotionally/physically distressed behaviors.
- Complies with- or monitors compliance with- all state and federal laws.
- Implements board policies- rules and regulations.
- The principal ensures student achievement for all student groups.
- Collects and reports data on academic achievement by all student groups.
- Monitors assessment of all students in basic skills areas.
- Evaluates effectiveness of teaching materials- activities and approaches- and
provides assistance when necessary.
III. The principal builds positive school/community relations.
- Supports the school and district mission.
- Promotes positive relationships between all persons in the school community.
- Facilitates effective site councils.
- The principal leads the school in developing constructive student/adult
- Helps students develop responsibility for their conduct.
- Cultivates staff behaviors that promote respect of authority- tolerance of diversity- and appreciation of each student’s potential.
- The principal oversees effective and efficient staff performance.
- Works with staff to develop and recommend standards for student learning.
- Plans in-service activities based on student and staff needs and ensures they are effectively implemented.
- Recruits- supervises and evaluates instructional staff in accordance with policy and law.
- Interacts effectively with building/district personnel.
- The principal practices responsible fiscal- facility- and resource management.
- Organizes effective budget planning procedures.
- Ensures building expenditures do not exceed the limits set forth by the board-approved budget.
- Maintains building records and property.
VII. The principal models positive professional attributes.
- Engages professional growth activities as directed.
- Positive role model within the school and community.
- Uses written and spoken language well.
- Makes all necessary administrative decisions in a timely fashion.
- Delegates supervision when appropriate.
- Maintains office hours as determined by the superintendent.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor and in accordance with the provisions of the Southern Lyon County USD 252 Board of Education.
- Secondary: transportation director
- Elementary: Title Programs
- Early Childhood Education Centers
Knowledge- Skills and Abilities Required:
- A valid building-level license issued by the Kansas State Board of Education.
- Ability to work cooperatively and constructively with others- including the ability to communicate effectively with broad and diverse audiences.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced- intense work environment.
- Ability to manage job responsibilities and meet the established building outcomes.
- Ability/willingness to work a daily schedule that could demand an extended workday.
- Successfully pass CPR Training (every two years) and Defensive Drive Training (every three years; if transporting Students).
- (Other alternatives as set by the Board of Education.)
Terms of Employment: 12-month contract- salary to be established by the board.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Southern Lyon County USD #252 Board of Education’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel and this job description.https://southernlyon.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=1345
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Southern Lyon County USD 252 www.usd252.org
Southern Lyon County USD #252 consist of 3 locations, including Neosho Rapids where one of our elementary schools is located, Hartford where a 6-12 middle school/high school is located, and Olpe where an elementary, middle school, and high school are located. We are located south and southeast of Emporia.
The purpose of the schools in Southern Lyon County USD 252, is to assure that students have a solid foundation in the basic academic areas.
100 Commercial St. Suite A Hartford/Olpe, Kansas