POSITION TITLE: Elementary Principal PK-8 (250 students)
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
MAJOR POLICY RESPONSIBILITY: The Elementary Principal is responsible for providing effective instructional leadership and is accountable for the school’s operation. Major responsibilities include the educational program, professional and classified staff, student development, facility management, fiscal management activities, and developing effective community relations.
QUALIFICATIONS: • Minimum of three (3) years of teaching experience. • Elementary Principal certification. • Effective leadership skills and experiences. • Proven background in instruction, assessment, and professional development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Oversees the development and implementation of high-quality local assessments to meet state requirements and track student progress on state standards.
2. Develops and administers the district’s assessment program.
3. Develops and implements program evaluations for all District programs.
4. Assists teachers and administrators in interpreting assessment and evaluation information in making programmatic and instructional decisions. 5. Collaborates with other District personnel in developing and implementing quality educational programs and evaluations.
6. Provides technical assistance in research, analysis, and assessment design to District personnel.
7. Manages and supports technology-based assessment systems. 8. Approves and monitors applications to conduct research.
1. Inform appropriate central office personnel of problems, progress, and plans in the building as they occur and identify.
2. Support and participates in parent/community activities.
3. Provide an orientation program for new staff members.
4. Participate in developing building goals according to the educational goals of the district.
5. Other duties as assigned by the superintendent.
To apply follow the link below:
Solomon USD 393
Solomon USD #393 is located midway between Abilene and Salina on Interstate 70. Our district schools are all in one location. The high school was newly built in 1996 and is currently ranked as a 1A school. Current enrollment, Pre-K through 12th grade is approximately 355 students.
Solomon features both all day kindergarten and all day 4 year old preschool classes. Both programs meet 5 days a week. Solomon offers after school programs for students Pre K-5th grade which are partially funded by Dickinson County Area United Way sponsored scholarships. The district hosts Salina Area Technical College classes on campus as well as provides transportation to their campus for additional classes. Class sizes average 25 students per grade. Solomon schools are a very friendly environment and have strong and active community support.